Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  328 329 [330] 331 332   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 9:11:33 AM   
marty

Diva, or is he trying to hide something ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 8226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 9:20:58 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Hmmm:
BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS.

Mfr is gonna drop like a rock..

LOL agent talked some sense into him....capital D in Diva on this one.

That's the leverage you get when you make twice as much in NIL money as you will as the first pick of the draft. Something tells me he doesn't want to play in Chicado.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 8227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 10:10:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

Parody Account of course:
NFC North News reposted
NFC North News
@NFCNorthNewss
·
1h
BREAKING: Projected #Bears first overall pick Caleb Williams has measured in at the combine at 5’9 without shoes. 🤯🤯🤯

Kyler Murray is 5’10. 😬

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 10:22:22 AM   
marty

Could this get him to drop down to #11 ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 8229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 10:25:13 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Could this get him to drop down to #11 ?

No.

Unless he declines exams from the 10 teams picking before us. And even then, probably not.
Post #: 8230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 10:34:15 AM   
David Levine

Apparently, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank really wants Kirk Cousins, and he is willing to pull out all of the stops to sign him.

According to Zach Klein of WSB TV, Blank wants to add Cousins by any means necessary.

“All eyes, all arrows everything points towards Kirk Cousins,” Klein said during an appearance on 92.9 The Game. “Arthur Blank has basically told this front office, ‘Do what you got to do. Pay what you’ve got to pay. Get it done.’”

“Everybody I’ve talked to, agents, other coaches and scouts, that is what they are saying,” added Klein. “What they are hearing is that the Falcons will put all their attention on Kirk Cousins moving forward.”

Atlanta mired through a miserable 2023 campaign as far as its quarterback situation was concerned.

It began the year with Desmond Ridder under center, but Ridder was ultimately replaced by Taylor Heinicke midway through the season. The two signal-callers kept trading places for the remainder of the year, with neither player inspiring any sort of confidence moving forward.

In spite of the Falcons’ poor circumstances at quarterback, they still contended for the NFC South division title.

Perhaps with Kirk Cousins taking snaps, Atlanta would stand a great chance of making the playoffs for the first time since the 2017-18 campaign.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/atlanta_falcons_owner_not_holding_back_on_kirk_cousins/s1_17150_40038520
Post #: 8231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 11:01:24 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Apparently, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank really wants Kirk Cousins, and he is willing to pull out all of the stops to sign him.

According to Zach Klein of WSB TV, Blank wants to add Cousins by any means necessary.

“All eyes, all arrows everything points towards Kirk Cousins,” Klein said during an appearance on 92.9 The Game. “Arthur Blank has basically told this front office, ‘Do what you got to do. Pay what you’ve got to pay. Get it done.’”

“Everybody I’ve talked to, agents, other coaches and scouts, that is what they are saying,” added Klein. “What they are hearing is that the Falcons will put all their attention on Kirk Cousins moving forward.”

Atlanta mired through a miserable 2023 campaign as far as its quarterback situation was concerned.

It began the year with Desmond Ridder under center, but Ridder was ultimately replaced by Taylor Heinicke midway through the season. The two signal-callers kept trading places for the remainder of the year, with neither player inspiring any sort of confidence moving forward.

In spite of the Falcons’ poor circumstances at quarterback, they still contended for the NFC South division title.

Perhaps with Kirk Cousins taking snaps, Atlanta would stand a great chance of making the playoffs for the first time since the 2017-18 campaign.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/atlanta_falcons_owner_not_holding_back_on_kirk_cousins/s1_17150_40038520

Reports were out that Fields to Atlanta was a done deal. This sure changes things.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 8232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 11:06:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

More likely

Cousins' agent does a good Arthur Blank impersonation over the phone.
Post #: 8233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 11:16:21 AM   
David Levine

Paul Allen (so take it with a boulder of salt):

"Right before I left [Indy] yesterday, from somebody I really really trust, I was told Atlanta prefers Cousins over Fields and quite honestly it's not close."
Post #: 8234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 12:25:29 PM   
marty

I can't tell you how excited I would be if Cousins signs with Atlanta.

I feel like Cousins give the Vikings a very % chance of ever winning a Super Bowl, so just about ANY rookie QB gives me more hope.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 8235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 1:51:48 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

"Right before I left [Indy] yesterday, from somebody I really really trust, I was told Atlanta prefers Cousins over Fields and quite honestly it's not close."

These reports are interesting. Even a wee bit encouraging.

I just don't see anyway Kwesi and Kevin let go without a very hot and heavy wooing.

Which in itself is discouraging.

So I'll continue to 'prepare for the worst'.

Just under two weeks.
Post #: 8236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 1:57:31 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

I just don't see anyway Kwesi and Kevin let go without a very hot and heavy wooing.

Just under two weeks.

The fact that we can't offer more than 40M could save us from ourselves...
Post #: 8237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 3:39:37 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

With a rookie they'll have a built-in excuse for an underwhelming team, at least for a year.
Post #: 8238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 3:49:30 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

As compared to a cap whale and an equally underwhelming team?

Give me a rookie with some upside.. not more of the same with a hard no playoff win ceiling.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 3:57:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

In two weeks this may be the remainder of Spielman's acquisitions:

JJ
Darrisaw
O'Neill
Bradbury
Ham

Jones
Bynum
Metellus

This is Kwesi's team.
Post #: 8240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 4:03:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Give me a rookie with some upside.. not more of the same with a hard no playoff win ceiling.

He's gone. Long gone. There are not enough Smoke & Mirror kits in the world to cover his contract.
Post #: 8241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 4:23:17 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

He's gone. Long gone. There are not enough Smoke & Mirror kits in the world to cover his contract.

I don’t see how they can resign him. Reasonably.

The reasonable part worries me.

I worry about a Brez reverse poisen pill maneuver

or some kind of exotic 40M tennis court workout bonus

outlawed at the next owners meeting.
Post #: 8242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 4:40:02 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

The best is Kirk returns for 2 years at $30 million a year or less, but if the report that Atlanta is all in on Kirk is true that will never happen.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 8243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 6:58:15 PM   
David Levine

Objectively Speaking: The Kirk Cousins Era Has Been One of the Least Successful in Vikings History

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/1/24088022/objectively-speaking-the-kirk-cousins-era-has-been-one-of-the-least
Post #: 8244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 7:52:19 PM   
Todd M

I do like hearing the glowing praise the qb group has had for Kevin.

Find your voice lest the devil find your ear.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 7:55:11 PM   
Todd M

I’m ready to love any of the top 5.

Find your voice lest the devil find your ear.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 11:13:49 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don’t see how they can resign him. Reasonably.

The reasonable part worries me.

I worry about a Brez reverse poisen pill maneuver

or some kind of exotic 40M tennis court workout bonus

outlawed at the next owners meeting.

I haven't witnessed a lot of reasonableness, or aptitude, with our decisions for quite some time.

Who knows how the powers that be see him.....Tom Brady, fan favorite, ticket seller, safe, good stats, white? I don't know for sure what they see, but clearly there is a vision issue, if your actual goal is to build a champion.
Post #: 8247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 11:21:37 PM   
JT2

quote:

I feel like Cousins give the Vikings a very % chance of ever winning a Super Bowl, so just about ANY rookie QB gives me more hope.

The next Matt Ryan. Coach killer.
Post #: 8248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/1/2024 11:30:47 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just under two weeks.

With a rookie they'll have a built-in excuse for an underwhelming team, at least for a year.

I would welcome a struggle, rebuild season, providing we had the right rookie QB, and the right coaching staff.
Grind it out, with lesser personnel. Keep improving, get better at fundamentals. Limit mistakes. Be the bad team that nobody wants to play.

I could enjoy that season way more than the false hope of Cousins.
Post #: 8249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/2/2024 8:09:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

The next Matt Ryan. Coach killer.

Lots of talent on offense. Pitts Bijan and decent WR. Draft another WR. The HC they fired couldn’t figure out how to use Pitts and Bijan.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8250
Page:   <<   < prev  328 329 [330] 331 332   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  328 329 [330] 331 332   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode