Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 2:58:50 PM   
Ian Joseph

Do you think the OSU wrestling coach would admit to him having concussions if he was still sending him out to the mat? I don't buy this is anything more than a sad suicide story, along the lines of Junior Seau, who first tried to drive himself off of a cliff before he ultimately shot himself.

What people with head injuries (thus causing mental instability) do to themselves is beyond my thought process of understanding. But, I'm never surprised when I hear the circumstances surrouding it.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2201
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 4:27:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Do you think the OSU wrestling coach would admit to him having concussions if he was still sending him out to the mat? I don't buy this is anything more than a sad suicide story, along the lines of Junior Seau, who first tried to drive himself off of a cliff before he ultimately shot himself.

What people with head injuries (thus causing mental instability) do to themselves is beyond my thought process of understanding. But, I'm never surprised when I hear the circumstances surrouding it.

Good point. OSU is covering their arse of a possible lawsuit..

I just found it strange that he did it in a dumpster. Your cleanup reason does make sense and as you say noone knows what he was thinking.

Such a waste. Kid had his whole life in front of him.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2202
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 4:37:48 PM   
Ricky J

Either that or he didn't have a concussion wrestling
Post #: 2203
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 4:44:18 PM   
Bill Jandro

Check out this hit on Bama's qb in todays contest

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24871288/missouris-star-de-shane-ray-ejected-for-targeting

Post #: 2204
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 5:22:34 PM   
djskillz

Trying to make sense of something like this is virtually impossible but maybe it was some kind of statement, as in he thought of himself "as trash" or something. Just a terrible, terrible tragedy all the way around. There is ALWAYS help, people. There is ALWAYS value in life.

As for Baylor/TCU, I could really see it both ways. Yes, Baylor won head to head but 1) that was in Waco, 2) They were down by 21 with a few minutes left, 3) They won by 3. So does anyone believe that TCU doesn't win that game if it's at TCU? I don't. But I also agree that a win at TCU vs. Minnesota vs. a win at Bullfalo should not be the difference in these two teams' overall body of work. Really, they're probably very similar teams. Really tough call. I don't think either one is "actually" a top 4 team, but hey, that's the system we have...for now.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 2205
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 5:39:39 PM   
Rob Viking

I have not been impressed with Bama this year. I don't think they've had the quality wins everyone assumes. Thought the win at Death valley was a good win, Miss St was ok but they were overrated, Auburn has no defense, WVU is ok but only at home.

They're schedule isn't that impressive upon further review, now Mizzou who is an average team that lost at home to Indiana and got shut out by Georgia is giving them a game.
Post #: 2206
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 5:46:54 PM   
djskillz

Couldn't disagree more. I think they're the best and they've played one of the toughest schedules in the country. I still think if you took the top 5-6 in the SEC (Alabama/Miss St/Ole Miss/Auburn/Georgia/LSU) that 5-6 would beat the best 5-6 from the rest of the country (Oregon/FSU/TCU/Baylor/Ohio St) in a tourney match.

Missouri's probably the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC, behind the above teams for sure IMO. And maybe a couple others. But they got fairly lucky this year with the schedule and the way it broke with timing of teams they played.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 2207
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 5:59:53 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Couldn't disagree more. I think they're the best and they've played one of the toughest schedules in the country. I still think if you took the top 5-6 in the SEC (Alabama/Miss St/Ole Miss/Auburn/Georgia/LSU) that 5-6 would beat the best 5-6 from the rest of the country (Oregon/FSU/TCU/Baylor/Ohio St) in a tourney match.

Missouri's probably the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC, behind the above teams for sure IMO. And maybe a couple others. But they got fairly lucky this year with the schedule and the way it broke with timing of teams they played.

No doubt Mizzou is average, they were fortunate. I'd take the field over them for sure, you can even add Michigan St, K St (though Auburn beat them mainly due to the K St kicker), another PAC 12 team or two.

I just haven't been overly impressed, maybe I expect too much from them but they don't seem as dominant and I am not so sure the SEC West is all that.
Post #: 2208
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 6:07:46 PM   
djskillz

Can't agree there. I think the SEC West is as good as a half-conference as we've ever seen top to bottom. Mississippi State should honestly be in the playoff IMO. Records are not equal because schedules are not equal. Yes they have 2 losses while these other teams have 1 but their two losses were on the road to Alabama (by 5) and on the road to their biggest rival, another team that is definitely one of the 10 best in the country IMO. I think if MSU (or any of the other SEC West teams above) played the same schedules as these "top" teams they'd have the same records, if not better. I'd take them over TCU/Baylor/FSU in a game, and I bet they'd be favored in any of those games. But again, this is the system we have...for now.

Post #: 2209
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 8:49:27 PM   
thebigo

What a joke of a call in the OSU/Wisc game.
Post #: 2210
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 9:04:46 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Baylor has a tough game against KS. If they win I don't know how TCU gets in over Baylor considering Baylor beat TCU.

Agreed on OSU getting in with a win. However, I think Wisc will truck them.

Post #: 2211
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 9:07:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

Heard Cris Carter talking this morning and obviously he's a homer, but he was gushing about how good he thinks OSU is going to be next year. Said he expects Miller to get his starting gig back over Barrett and expects them to be the preseason #1 team. He's probably right.

Meyer and Saban are just a cut above every other college coach out there. IMO

They're really good right now. They need some defensive help, but when Barrett was rolling they could play with anybody. I agree with you on Saban and Meyer.

I think Alabama is the best team in the country and OSU could still very easily get into the playoff, but the viewer in me half-hopes that Saban and Meyer can be analysts again for the playoffs. Them in the booth together for Auburn/Oregon a couple years ago was one of the most enjoyable telecasts I've ever seen. I could listen to those two talk about football for hours.

I think Meyer is an idiot if Miller is the starter next year.  That is, assuming, Barrett is healthy.  That kid was playing lights out.

It looks like NEITHER may be the starter.
Post #: 2212
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 9:42:14 PM   
djskillz

Urban Meyer's just ridiculous. The guy wins and wins big every place he goes. I know it won't happen, but personally (and I'm a huge OSU hater), whether FSU wins or loses tonight, OSU should be in the playoff over them. What a clinic today by Ohio State and I feel like I'm watching a HS game between GTU and FSU.

A first round matchup (with a month to prepare) between the nation's two best coaches (Saban and Meyer) would be a lot of fun.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 12/6/2014 9:43:32 PM >

Post #: 2213
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:03:20 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Baylor has a tough game against KS. If they win I don't know how TCU gets in over Baylor considering Baylor beat TCU.

Agreed on OSU getting in with a win. However, I think Wisc will truck them.

Is there some way I can delete that post?

The jury is in. OSU is really frickin good. Bring in your 3rd string qb and he is better than any starter in the big 10 the last 10 years. Isn't even fair.

Post #: 2214
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:05:49 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Urban Meyer's just ridiculous. The guy wins and wins big every place he goes. I know it won't happen, but personally (and I'm a huge OSU hater), whether FSU wins or loses tonight, OSU should be in the playoff over them. What a clinic today by Ohio State and I feel like I'm watching a HS game between GTU and FSU.

A first round matchup (with a month to prepare) between the nation's two best coaches (Saban and Meyer) would be a lot of fun.

Agree. I don't know who they bump but OSU could play with anybody.
After this display they deserve to be in the playoff. Hands down.

Post #: 2215
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:09:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

I think my computer is fried. I can't seem to clean it up and it's already been nuked once.

She's been a good girl though but it might be time to put her out to pasture.

Post #: 2216
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:14:26 PM   
John Childress

quote:

Top candidate for dumbest post of the year

Undefeated, defensing national champ and they should not be in the top 4

No one could be this obtuse

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 2217
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:17:31 PM   
Steve Lentz

Ohio State is the real deal.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2218
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:22:26 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

Just because you have some crusade. Quit acting like a 5 year old attacking posters and actually debate.

This year's team is not last year's team. That's obvious to anyone that's watched FSU this year. Quite simply they have not been one of the best 4 teams in the nation this year. All records are not the same.

Post #: 2219
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:25:32 PM   
djskillz

Would FSU be favored against any of Alabama/Oregon/Ohio St/TCU? I doubt it.

Post #: 2220
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:42:47 PM   
djskillz

Also, heck of a week for Wisconsin college fans, eh?

Post #: 2221
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:48:09 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

Would FSU be favored against any of Alabama/Oregon/Ohio St/TCU? I doubt it.

exactly

i don't think they would be favored over Baylor either...

HOWEVER...

with the show that tOSU put on tonight, I can see them getting in ahead of TCU (despite their dominant game, though against a bad team)

this gives the commitee the opportunity to "punish" the big 12 for not having a championship game...they can escape bad press for letting in TCU over Baylor despite the h2h loss...

I see final standings to be Bama, Oregon, FSU, tOSU...

I think we can all feel good about that for a first playoff
Post #: 2222
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 10:50:04 PM   
JT2

Anybody want to give me a money line right now against Florida State winning their first game?
Post #: 2223
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 11:06:54 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

Just because you have some crusade. Quit acting like a 5 year old attacking posters and actually debate.

This year's team is not last year's team. That's obvious to anyone that's watched FSU this year. Quite simply they have not been one of the best 4 teams in the nation this year. All records are not the same.

Has nothing to do with last year. They put up all W's. What more you want? Not the most difficult schedule, but certainly not the easiest.

I would have no problem with OSU in the playoff, but not to remove Florida State. Snub the Big 12, that is a better argument.

Florida State gets Zero style points this year, who cares? They won ALL of the games they played.

You claim Ole Miss is a Top Ten team, yet they lost three and got shut out 0-30. Where are the style points when you get shut out by a mediocre team.

I'm a big SEC fan. Sentimental reasons, lived in the region and have friends with sons playing in the conference. Georgia, Auburn and Ole Miss were vastly overrated this year. Ole Miss was good when Wallace was good. Problem is, sometimes he sucked. Sucked bad.

A bad day for many teams, they lose. Florida State had many bad Saturday's, yet they found a way to win.

It's a long season and sometimes you have a bad game. The thing is, Florida State still won when they had their bad games.

I guess, looking good in a loss might mean more than an ugly win. That's a shame. Or an excuse.
Post #: 2224
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/6/2014 11:12:15 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Good point. OSU is covering their arse of a possible lawsuit..

I just found it strange that he did it in a dumpster. Your cleanup reason does make sense and as you say noone knows what he was thinking.

Such a waste. Kid had his whole life in front of him.

That is BY FAR the biggest tragedy here. God bless his family.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2225
Page:   <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode