Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  195 196 [197] 198 199   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 1:59:41 PM   
SoMnFan

Cuetos MRI shows no structural damage to elbow

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4901
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:15:43 PM   
SoMnFan

Royals players rank first or second at every position in the first All-Star Game balloting update. Catcher Salvador Perez leads all AL players with 1.4 million votes

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4902
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:16:29 PM   
SoMnFan

That's kinda sad really.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4903
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:21:31 PM   
djskillz

Kinda surprised Vogt's not getting more love. He's having a monster year.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 4904
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:29:21 PM   
SoMnFan

In what seemed like a match made of expendable players, the Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves were reportedly near a swap Tuesday morning that would have sent Juan Uribe to the ATL and Alberto Callaspo back to L.A.

Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal was first with the news, saying that Uribe-for-Callaspo was the headline, but six players were expected to change teams in the deal. Ah yes, some good ol' hot stove-type dealing in May. But then, as quickly as the rumors warmed our baseball-less morning, they were squashed.

Callaspo blocked the trade, according to Rosenthal, seemingly happier to stay with the .500 Braves or test free agency again should he get designated for assignment, as many expect, and hit the open market:

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 5/27/2015 7:37:18 PM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4905
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:33:52 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

In what seemed like a match made of expendable players, the Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves were reportedly near a swap Tuesday morning that would have sent Juan Uribe to the ATL and Alberto Callaspo back to L.A.

Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal was first with the news, saying that Uribe-for-Callaspo was the headline, but six players were expected to change teams in the deal. Ah yes, some good ol' hot stove-type dealing in May. But then, as quickly as the rumors warmed our baseball-less morning, they were squashed.

Callaspo blocked the trade, according to Rosenthal, seemingly happier to stay with the .500 Braves or test free agency again should he get designated for assignment, as many expect, and hit the open market:

How we're at the point that a player like Callaspo has a no-trade clause, I have no idea.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4906
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:34:52 PM   
SoMnFan

Exactly
hehe

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4907
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:44:08 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Kinda surprised Vogt's not getting more love. He's having a monster year.

Vogt getting no All-Star ballot love

Salvador Perez has nearly twice as many All-Star votes as A's C Stephen Vogt. But he has walked as many times as he has struck out (24). Meanwhile, Perez has the second-lowest walk percentage among qualified batters.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4908
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:45:15 PM   
SoMnFan

See ... my EYES tell me Perez is better, screw the NUMBERS

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4909
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:48:59 PM   
djskillz

All around, he may be. He's a pretty damn good catcher, whereas Vogt is a joke defensively I believe. But Vogt's putting up some crazy offensive numbers so far.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 4910
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 2:50:48 PM   
SoMnFan

Just having fun man

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4911
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 3:05:02 PM   
djskillz

Post #: 4912
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 7:22:34 PM   
Steve Lentz

Royals on the cover of SI again.
5 players leading in All-Star votes.
Becoming a favorite team for many across the country.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 4913
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/26/2015 8:45:08 PM   
SoMnFan

Yanks beat the Royales 5-1

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4914
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 8:31:29 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Yanks beat the Royales 5-1

A midwesterner that hates the Royals, but loves the Yankees. Weirdo.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4915
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 9:22:01 AM   
Tim Cady

He is weird, but I like him. I have hated the Royals since George Brett. I liked George I just didn't like that they had him. The Royals being good is not going to fix what is wrong with the MLB. What will fix that is if the Yankees win a bunch in a row again. That will get the Revenue sharing talker started again. Yankees and LA/SF in World Series for about 5 years straight will get the rest of the country riled up.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 4916
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 1:25:42 PM   
SoMnFan

ARod moves into third place for all-time MLB RBIs

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 5/27/2015 4:23:43 PM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4917
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 1:27:13 PM   
Mr. Ed

Cleveland spanking TX. How that franchise has fallen off. Injuries, bad deals.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4918
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 1:27:48 PM   
Mr. Ed

And the tribe is hot.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4919
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 4:57:27 PM   
Aaron Cross

Could have sworn I saw a division format discussion but now I can't find it. My two cents:

1. Eliminate interleague
2. Balance the schedule
3. Eliminate divisions
4. Top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs

-I know having an unequal number of teams in each league (16&14) presents problems if interleague is eliminated. I don't care. Figure out the best possible solution even if it's imperfect.
-As a kid it was pretty damn cool that the only time the leagues faced each other was the World Series. It added a certain level of mystique. Interleague play ruined that. Thanks MLB.
-Balancing the schedule makes things fair. Every team plays the same teams the same amount of times. And eliminating divisions makes sure the best teams always makes the playoffs. How many times over the years has a mediocre team won a bad division (I won't mention any names) and made the playoffs while better teams in better divisions with better records against a harder schedule stayed home?
-
Post #: 4920
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 7:37:58 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Sounds like this one has been revived and will now happen.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4921
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 7:57:50 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

How we're at the point that a player like Callaspo has a no-trade clause, I have no idea.

He doesn't have a no trade clause. They signed him as a free agent so they can't trade him before June 15th without his permission.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 4922
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/27/2015 10:10:28 PM   
SoMnFan

Bryce Harper hits #18

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4923
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/28/2015 6:20:41 AM   
Mr. Ed

11:04pm: Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets that Adams will undergo surgery to repair the tear on Friday.

8:01pm: GM John Mozeliak just discussed the injury in an appearance on KMOX radio, stating: “We anticipated this being a DL, but now we have to look at how we look at this club long-term,” (Twitter link via KMOX’s Benjamin Boyd).

7:43pm: The Cardinals announced tonight that Adams will miss an estimated three to four months with the injury. Given that timeline, it’s fair to suggest that there’s a chance he could miss the remainder of the regular season. MLB.com’s Jen Langosch hears that the team is still deciding whether or not Adams will undergo surgery (Twitter link).

A recovery timeline of that significance would seem to increase the chances that the Cardinals will look outside the organization eventually in order to address the need. Reynolds has plenty of power and could serve as a stopgap, but he batted just .209/.297/.394 from 2013-14 with the Indians, Yankees and Brewers in fairly regular duty, making him a questionable long-term solution.

4:05pm: Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams will miss significant time with a torn quadriceps, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports on Twitter. Surgery is a possibility for the 26-year-old.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4924
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/28/2015 9:55:08 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aaron Cross

Could have sworn I saw a division format discussion but now I can't find it. My two cents:

1. Eliminate interleague
2. Balance the schedule
3. Eliminate divisions
4. Top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs

-I know having an unequal number of teams in each league (16&14) presents problems if interleague is eliminated. I don't care. Figure out the best possible solution even if it's imperfect.
-As a kid it was pretty damn cool that the only time the leagues faced each other was the World Series. It added a certain level of mystique. Interleague play ruined that. Thanks MLB.
-Balancing the schedule makes things fair. Every team plays the same teams the same amount of times. And eliminating divisions makes sure the best teams always makes the playoffs. How many times over the years has a mediocre team won a bad division (I won't mention any names) and made the playoffs while better teams in better divisions with better records against a harder schedule stayed home?
-

Actually the problem is there are now 15 and 15 in each league with Houston's move to the AL. With the current setup you need to have interleague.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4925
Page:   <<   < prev  195 196 [197] 198 199   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  195 196 [197] 198 199   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode