Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  372 373 [374] 375 376   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2017 8:51:11 AM   
SoMnFan

The Cleveland Indians acquired veteran outfielder Jay Bruce from the New York Mets in a trade Wednesday night. The Indians have agreed to pick up the roughly $4.2 million that is left of Bruce's $13 million salary this season, a source confirmed.

Minor league pitcher Ryder Ryan is headed to New York in the trade. Ryan, 22, was a 30th-round pick by Cleveland out of the University of North Carolina in the 2016 MLB first-year player draft. He's 3-4 with a 4.79 ERA for Lake County in the Class A Midwest League this season. He has recorded six saves while appearing in 33 games -- all in relief.

Bruce, a three-time All-Star, is hitting .258 with 29 homers and 75 RBIs this year. He gives the Indians a corner outfielder and established bat to replace Michael Brantley, who went on the disabled list Monday with a sprained ankle. Lonnie Chisenhall has also been on the disabled list since early July with a strained calf.
Post #: 9326
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2017 10:23:51 AM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The Cleveland Indians acquired veteran outfielder Jay Bruce from the New York Mets in a trade Wednesday night. The Indians have agreed to pick up the roughly $4.2 million that is left of Bruce's $13 million salary this season, a source confirmed.

Minor league pitcher Ryder Ryan is headed to New York in the trade. Ryan, 22, was a 30th-round pick by Cleveland out of the University of North Carolina in the 2016 MLB first-year player draft. He's 3-4 with a 4.79 ERA for Lake County in the Class A Midwest League this season. He has recorded six saves while appearing in 33 games -- all in relief.

Bruce, a three-time All-Star, is hitting .258 with 29 homers and 75 RBIs this year. He gives the Indians a corner outfielder and established bat to replace Michael Brantley, who went on the disabled list Monday with a sprained ankle. Lonnie Chisenhall has also been on the disabled list since early July with a strained calf.

Basically a salary dump by the Mets.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 9327
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2017 10:36:11 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

quote:

Damn nice pickup for Cleveland.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 9328
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2017 12:50:45 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

.258 with 29 homers and 75 RBIs this year
Pretty damn nice numbers to add at this point
Post #: 9329
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2017 9:39:31 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

.258 with 29 homers and 75 RBIs this year
Pretty damn nice numbers to add at this point

You are reporting meaningless numbers.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9330
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/11/2017 4:41:12 PM   
SoMnFan

Derek Jeter back in MLB where he belongs
His groups offer is being accepted by the Marlins for $1.2 Billiiiiiiiiiiiiiion
Post #: 9331
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/11/2017 5:15:32 PM   
djskillz

Never been the biggest Jeter fan, but if anyone can make baseball work in Florida, he's got as good a chance as any to do it. Will be good for the game to watch him give it a try.

BTW, I have a couple good Jeter snippets for you guys from an event we did last week from a teammate of his.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 9332
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/11/2017 5:21:09 PM   
SoMnFan

Only if they are good ... if its something bad I will simply cover my ears and lalalalalalalalalalalalala it.
Post #: 9333
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/11/2017 5:24:57 PM   
djskillz

quote:

Only if they are good ... if its something bad I will simply cover my ears and lalalalalalalalalalalalala it.

More like unsurprising. Not sure if good or bad. I'll PM you.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 9334
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 12:13:31 AM   
JT2

Stop the presses. Dodgers lost.
Post #: 9335
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 8:15:27 AM   
SoMnFan

Hicksie with a nice night in the Yankees win last night.
Royals continue to slide.
So fun to see the Twins still in the mix.
Post #: 9336
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 10:01:59 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Derek Jeter back in MLB where he belongs
His groups offer is being accepted by the Marlins for $1.2 Billiiiiiiiiiiiiiion

Good on Jetes. He'll figure out how to make them winners.

See if his abilities in the FO work, like John Elway.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9337
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 10:42:50 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

It's so impressive to watch them. Seems like every game they lose they're in it to the end too. And they have a 20 game lead and they're still playing games like it means the world.

Seager and Bellinger are just scratching the surface of what they can be. And I still love Taylor and am starting to really like Austin Barnes. Then you add a still loaded minor league system and guys like Urias back in a year or two? Wow.

Post #: 9338
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 11:04:43 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

It's so impressive to watch them. Seems like every game they lose they're in it to the end too. And they have a 20 game lead and they're still playing games like it means the world.

Seager and Bellinger are just scratching the surface of what they can be. And I still love Taylor and am starting to really like Austin Barnes. Then you add a still loaded minor league system and guys like Urias back in a year or two? Wow.

and ...... the worlds best pitcher most days isn't even helping them right now.
Post #: 9339
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 11:32:18 AM   
SoMnFan

The Beast Stanton reaches 40 rockets again.
Dude just crushes his home runs.
Post #: 9340
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 4:56:29 PM   
SoMnFan

Red Sox whuppin on the Yanks today
Rays and Indians start when we do, at 5:10
Toronto has won already
Post #: 9341
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 5:00:23 PM   
SoMnFan

Interesting to see our old buddy Eduardo Nunez leading off in Boston and playing second while Pedroia heals.
Guy has had a pretty solid career.
Post #: 9342
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 5:04:28 PM   
SoMnFan

Milwaukee Brewers close to acquiring 2B Neil Walker from New York Mets, per MLB Network insider Ken Rosenthal. Clubs have not confirmed.
Post #: 9343
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/12/2017 5:07:34 PM   
Mr. Ed

Twins core is young; don't need no stinkin' help

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9344
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2017 8:07:12 AM   
SoMnFan

Harper goes down, badly.
That sucks for baseball.
Post #: 9345
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2017 10:03:59 AM   
SoMnFan

Finalized

PHILADELPHIA -- The Milwaukee Brewers added a second-base upgrade for the stretch drive on Saturday, acquiring Neil Walker and cash from the New York Mets for a player to be named later.

The Brewers are 60-59 -- third in the National League Central and two games behind division leader Chicago. Milwaukee's second-base contingent, which consists primarily of Jonathan Villar and Eric Sogard, ranks last in the league with a .672 OPS.

The Brewers had expressed interest in Ian Kinsler of the Detroit Tigers, before shifting their attention to Walker since the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. Walker became eligible to be traded to any team after recently clearing waivers.

Walker, 31, hit .264 with 10 home runs and 36 RBIs in 73 games with New York this season.

He has a career .272/.339/.437 slash line over nine seasons with the Pirates and the Mets. New York acquired Walker from Pittsburgh in a trade for pitcher Jon Niese in December 2015.
Post #: 9346
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2017 10:22:14 AM   
SoMnFan

Interesting. I'm a homer, but I think the Twins have games decided by wrong balls/strike calls ALL the time.
Usually in a bad way.
Now that the leagues golden boys are starting to whine, will be interesting to see if things start moving.
God forbid the Cubs should have ONE game decided by a mistaken ump.
And oh, yeah ... its was 6-2 at the time.
Post #: 9347
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2017 10:25:34 AM   
SoMnFan

Nats dodge a bullet

Washington Nationals OF Bryce Harper suffered bone bruise in left knee, but no ligament or tendon damage, says GM Mike Rizzo.
Post #: 9348
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2017 10:26:47 AM   
djskillz

I know it will piss off some of the purists but I'm still all for robotic/electronic balls/strikes. And I think it's just a matter of time.

There was a great piece from Eric Byrnes on it a few months back, who's pushed for it for awhile now. It's seemless and easy. You can still have a person behind the plate for the other calls, but he just gets an instantaneous call relayed to him whether it was a ball or strike.

These pitchers have too much velocity and movement now for these guys to accurately judge them. And yes, there's bias. And yes, those calls CHANGE GAMES. I believe the stat from Byrnes/a Harvard study were that 2/3 of the "borderline" calls go to the home team? That's a massive difference. If you can easily change/eliminate to make the game more fair, you do it. And we DO have that technology now.

Just a matter of time.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 8/13/2017 10:28:17 AM >

Post #: 9349
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2017 10:27:49 AM   
djskillz

quote:

Nats dodge a bullet

Washington Nationals OF Bryce Harper suffered bone bruise in left knee, but no ligament or tendon damage, says GM Mike Rizzo.

Good news. Would hate to lose one of the clubs that can take out the Cubbies.

Post #: 9350
Page:   <<   < prev  372 373 [374] 375 376   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  372 373 [374] 375 376   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode