Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  120 121 [122] 123 124   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2019 5:12:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I was not very gracious to the Patriot fans I know for their teams Super Bowl victory. They were shocked and said that I'm a better person than that. Perhaps I am, or perhaps I'm not. I feel a lot of resentment that I have not been able to experience the euphoria of a championship. It was pointed out that I experienced the Twins World Series victory, but you know in 1991 I was out of the country and was unable to catch a single game. (I did watch the '87 Series, though, but you know that was 32 years ago.) That was before I moved back to Minnesota in 1992. Maybe I brought bad luck to the Minnesota teams. That makes me very bad.

Can we get a better definition of "not very gracious"?

Among other things, I compared a Patriot celebrating in front me to a rapist celebrating before his victim- because his joy is at the expense at the one who is suffering. Pretty extreme, right?

Now that might be a little extreme.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2019 6:17:25 PM   
Todd M

Jesus and love can conquer all...except jealousy it seems.
Post #: 3027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2019 6:21:15 PM   
Todd M

I was happy the Pats won. I hope Brady gets one more and is 7-3 in SB's. Feel lucky to be a fan watching someone own it like never before. Maybe ever again.
Post #: 3028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2019 8:30:32 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I was happy the Pats won. I hope Brady gets one more and is 7-3 in SB's. Feel lucky to be a fan watching someone own it like never before. Maybe ever again.

Me and my brother were listing our top hated teams during the game. I can't muster the Pats into my top 10, he had them at 5 or 6. I think diversity in the SB is more entertainingin and I have a lot of jealousy but I do admire what B and B have done. One of the great dynasties in sports history.

I don't have patience for their fans though.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2019 8:31:44 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Well put Pager. We all know the bleakness of having hopes dashed year after year after year.

And I don't think we owe Patriots fans a single dang thing. They are experiencing a high that is rarely felt in the sports world - why do they need anything from us? Why do they expect congratulations from us? THEY should be the gracious ones with their bounty of amazing luck. The fans haven't done a single thing to earn the joy they are feeling, so why is it OUR job to pump them up further?

Bruce - I say don't feel a bit bad for not giving the Patriots fans what they were apparently expecting. It's like being in the presence of a millionaire who just won an additional million dollars on a gameshow and not congratulating him for that extra pile of money in his bank account. He already had more money than he can spend - why would we be excited for him for getting more?

I've always enjoyed your read

Post more

< Message edited by Pager -- 2/7/2019 8:35:49 PM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/7/2019 11:03:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was not very gracious to the Patriot fans I know for their teams Super Bowl victory. They were shocked and said that I'm a better person than that. Perhaps I am, or perhaps I'm not. I feel a lot of resentment that I have not been able to experience the euphoria of a championship. It was pointed out that I experienced the Twins World Series victory, but you know in 1991 I was out of the country and was unable to catch a single game. (I did watch the '87 Series, though, but you know that was 32 years ago.) That was before I moved back to Minnesota in 1992. Maybe I brought bad luck to the Minnesota teams. That makes me very bad.

Can we get a better definition of "not very gracious"?

Among other things, I compared a Patriot celebrating in front me to a rapist celebrating before his victim- because his joy is at the expense at the one who is suffering. Pretty extreme, right?

Now that might be a little extreme.

Remember this, that fan is short for fanatic. I am a fan and I wear my emotions on my sleeves when it comes to the Vikings- for better or for worse. This time for worse.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 8:41:23 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

FA olineman are not only scarce but extremely expensive.

We should have been drafting oline early and often for the last 5 years.

Amen! That's why this is the year to attack the problem in the draft. We are set up on defense. Go get one FA guard, sign Easton to a vet minimum then draft:

1st - Greg Little - T
2nd- Chris Lindstrom - G
3rd - TJ Hockenson - TE

Then address DT and LB.

Then win the f'n Superbowl!

Sign me up. I posted FA Guard list right after our embarrassing lost to the Bears (the second one). If Saffold resigns with the Rams, he wants to and the team has indicated they want him back - caveat with their salary cap situation they might not be able to, then FA G options aren't very good (pending any veteran cuts).

Best options to me, sign an upgrade at center. That FA seemed much younger, better, and cheaper (the last item is debatable https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/ there appears to me very little difference between guard and center. There are two guards worth trading for. The RFA of the NE Pats, who has been excellent filling in for injury (name starts with a K). And Sitton, where the Dolphins appear to be in tanking mode to get the best QB of 2020 or 2021. I would kick the tires on either to see if they would accept a 2020 pick (hopefully in the 5th-2nd range - I'd be willing to give a higher pick if MIA would pick up some/half/most of Sitton's salary).

In a vacuum. I'd sign a center, trade for a guard - one of the two options listed above, draft a guard in one of the first two rounds. If it's within range of value at 18 or 50 - so bet it, if it can happen with a trade back even better. I'd jettison Compton/Jones/Remmers. I'd see what Easton is willing to accept, I wouldn't pay him more than a 2M prove it contract. If a developmental tackle is available in the draft round 3 or so, I might take him. I personally think A Collins, should be groomed as a swing tackle with the goal of him taking over the RT spot. Let OTAs and Training camp decide our interior lineup.

I don't know how feasible any component of this is. If they sign/or let go either of Barr/Richardson and don't think they have the inhouse horses, then that alters plans a lot of this. If players I expect to restructure like Griffen, aren't willing to, it has a huge impact.

But that's the framework I'd be looking at. But leaving no-stone unturned.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to make the move for Paradis as some posters have suggested, and kick Elf out to Guard where he was successful in college. Better to pay for an excellent center than an average Guard. Then sign Easton to a vet minimum, assuming he's healthy. It's a move I could realistically see Spielman pull off. Dump Remmers and salary wise it would be close to a push, maybe cost the team a few million bucks more per year. After the draft, we could very realistically go into next year with a line that looks something like:

Reiff - Little(r)
Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein
Elflein - Remmers
O'Neill - Hill - Collins

With Dennison and Kubiak taking over, I'd actually feel cautiously optimistic that our line would be above average to good.

I don't know if they can do it....sign a FA like Paradis and keep Reiff and Remmers? They are going to have to trade Reiff or cut Remmers...same thing will apply for Treadwell as applies to Remmers or Reiff....you can't have a 6-7 million dollar player sitting on the bench as a backup.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/8/2019 8:42:24 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 11:38:00 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Amen! That's why this is the year to attack the problem in the draft. We are set up on defense. Go get one FA guard, sign Easton to a vet minimum then draft:

1st - Greg Little - T
2nd- Chris Lindstrom - G
3rd - TJ Hockenson - TE

Then address DT and LB.

Sign me up. I posted FA Guard list right after our embarrassing lost to the Bears (the second one). If Saffold resigns with the Rams, he wants to and the team has indicated they want him back - caveat with their salary cap situation they might not be able to, then FA G options aren't very good (pending any veteran cuts).

Best options to me, sign an upgrade at center. That FA seemed much younger, better, and cheaper (the last item is debatable https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/ there appears to me very little difference between guard and center. There are two guards worth trading for. The RFA of the NE Pats, who has been excellent filling in for injury (name starts with a K). And Sitton, where the Dolphins appear to be in tanking mode to get the best QB of 2020 or 2021. I would kick the tires on either to see if they would accept a 2020 pick (hopefully in the 5th-2nd range - I'd be willing to give a higher pick if MIA would pick up some/half/most of Sitton's salary).

In a vacuum. I'd sign a center, trade for a guard - one of the two options listed above, draft a guard in one of the first two rounds. If it's within range of value at 18 or 50 - so bet it, if it can happen with a trade back even better. I'd jettison Compton/Jones/Remmers. I'd see what Easton is willing to accept, I wouldn't pay him more than a 2M prove it contract. If a developmental tackle is available in the draft round 3 or so, I might take him. I personally think A Collins, should be groomed as a swing tackle with the goal of him taking over the RT spot. Let OTAs and Training camp decide our interior lineup.

I don't know how feasible any component of this is. If they sign/or let go either of Barr/Richardson and don't think they have the inhouse horses, then that alters plans a lot of this. If players I expect to restructure like Griffen, aren't willing to, it has a huge impact.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to make the move for Paradis as some posters have suggested, and kick Elf out to Guard where he was successful in college. Better to pay for an excellent center than an average Guard. Then sign Easton to a vet minimum, assuming he's healthy. It's a move I could realistically see Spielman pull off. Dump Remmers and salary wise it would be close to a push, maybe cost the team a few million bucks more per year. After the draft, we could very realistically go into next year with a line that looks something like:

Reiff - Little(r)
Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein
Elflein - Remmers
O'Neill - Hill - Collins

With Dennison and Kubiak taking over, I'd actually feel cautiously optimistic that our line would be above average to good.

I don't know if they can do it....sign a FA like Paradis and keep Reiff and Remmers? They are going to have to trade Reiff or cut Remmers...same thing will apply for Treadwell as applies to Remmers or Reiff....you can't have a 6-7 million dollar player sitting on the bench as a backup.

i think we can afford all of the above for one season...thing is, o'neill is so athletic that i see him as the future at left tackle...whether it's o'neill or little - when do we pull the trigger on reiff?....

i think we let remmers go, as reiff can play both left and right tackle....

could we go: 10 o-linemen

O'neill - Reiff - Little(r) - (Collins/Hill)
Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein
Elflein - Easton - Isadora
Reiff - Little(r) - Hill - Collins

i hope we go after kj wright in free agency - he'll be 30 this summer, but i think he'd give us quality play for two seasons and we can probably sign him to a $12m/3yr deal....

ramon foster could give us a couple of years at about $3-4m/yr - he'd be a better option than remmers....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 11:56:45 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1st - Greg Little - T
2nd- Chris Lindstrom - G
3rd - TJ Hockenson - TE

Then address DT and LB.

Reiff - Little(r)
Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein
Elflein - Remmers
O'Neill - Hill - Collins

i think we can afford all of the above for one season...thing is, o'neill is so athletic that i see him as the future at left tackle...whether it's o'neill or little - when do we pull the trigger on reiff?....

Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein

i hope we go after kj wright in free agency - he'll be 30 this summer, but i think he'd give us quality play for two seasons and we can probably sign him to a $12m/3yr deal....

ramon foster could give us a couple of years at about $3-4m/yr - he'd be a better option than remmers....

I'd be all for that lineup and I'd be up for paying a bit more for Foster over Remmers. We haven't had a lot of luck with olinemen coming off of injury. It would be nice to find an upgrade to Isadora as well. He has shown nothing in his time with the team.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 3034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 12:21:40 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1st - Greg Little - T
2nd- Chris Lindstrom - G
3rd - TJ Hockenson - TE

Then address DT and LB.

Reiff - Little(r)
Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein
Elflein - Remmers
O'Neill - Hill - Collins

Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein

I'd be all for that lineup and I'd be up for paying a bit more for Foster over Remmers. We haven't had a lot of luck with olinemen coming off of injury. It would be nice to find an upgrade to Isadora as well. He has shown nothing in his time with the team.

we've got to see what we've got with o'neill on the left side, and if it works then we can let reiff go/trade in 2020 and move little to the right side...this would save us another $8m and perhaps net a 3rd round pick....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 12:55:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1st - Greg Little - T
2nd- Chris Lindstrom - G
3rd - TJ Hockenson - TE

Then address DT and LB.

Reiff - Little(r)
Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein
Elflein - Remmers
O'Neill - Hill - Collins

Lindstrom(r) - Easton
Paradis - Elflein

You are saying the same thing I am....we are trading Reiff or cutting/trading Remmers if we sign FA.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 2:34:33 PM   
Tom Sykes

Its very possible that the team feels a little different about Remmers than we fans do.

Remmers was brought onto the roster briefly, then went CAR and became a starter, then paid him handsomely to come back; he moved from T to G which is no small personal sacrifice for a starting T making starter T money – so there's the team player thing; Remmers may also get some slack on his bad performance because he was playing a new position.

As fans, if somebody doesn't play well, its 'off with their head'.

Its no certainty that he is no longer in their plans.
Post #: 3037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 2:35:26 PM   
Tom Sykes

oops
Post #: 3038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 2:38:47 PM   
Tom Sykes

Minnesota Vikings
‏Verified account @Vikings

The #Vikings have named Marwan Maalouf Special Teams Coordinator and Rick Dennison Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator.

Drew Petzing will transition to WRs Coach in 2019.
Post #: 3039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 3:22:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Its very possible that the team feels a little different about Remmers than we fans do.

Remmers was brought onto the roster briefly, then went CAR and became a starter, then paid him handsomely to come back; he moved from T to G which is no small personal sacrifice for a starting T making starter T money – so there's the team player thing; Remmers may also get some slack on his bad performance because he was playing a new position.

I can see it, between him and Easton coming back we should be good at OG.
Post #: 3040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 3:32:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Thats funny. I had Easton in my post but deleted it ... I decided to just poke the needle under skin intstead of a full on thrusting it into the eyeball.

Reiff Easton Elf Remmers O’Neil. Its coming.
Post #: 3041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 4:31:30 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats funny. I had Easton in my post but deleted it ... I decided to just poke the needle under skin intstead of a full on thrusting it into the eyeball.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Post #: 3042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 5:27:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And the lamentation of their ... uh ... Lynn.
Post #: 3043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 6:14:20 PM   
Todd M

Maalouf is my man.

Gonna see 2 blocked punts next (the good kind)and 3 return TD's. Gonna make high 90% of our FG's and all of our XP's. Wile will lead he league.

The catalyst to the a SB run.
Post #: 3044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 6:14:56 PM   
Todd M

Maalouf is my man.

Gonna see 2 blocked punts next and 3 return TD's. (the good kind) Gonna make high 90% of our FG's and all of our XP's. Wile will lead he league.

The catalyst to the a SB run.
Post #: 3045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 6:31:13 PM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/08/kirk-cousins-has-been-frustrated-all-offseason/

Poor guy cant sleep at night... maybe if he pulled some of that straight cash out from under his mattress he stole for a totally sucky 2018 it would be more comfy...

The comments section below the PFT post is funny and worth a read more than the article! Some spot on posters there...
Post #: 3046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 10:02:06 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

quote:

Moving Reiff inside might be even stupider than moving Remmers inside.

I hope they are not seriously thinking about this

Guards all over the league will soon be looking at and reading the tombstones of Remmers and Reiff:

THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS:

"Where Tackles Go To Die As Guards"

Well played.

Kind of a play on the old adage "Where Chicago WRs go to continue to suck, but at higher pay"

At least we stopped picking them up.

Well done JT2. You’ve just guaranteed we are signing Kevin White - a bigger bust - this off season to replace Treadwell.

That would be a double whammy for me, I loved him coming out.

Unfortunately, multiple injuries may have altered his career path. Deep on the depth chart but still probably has more upside than Treadwell.

The glaring difference is, the Bears moved on, in terms of counting on him as a 3. We hang on to our bust.
Post #: 3047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 10:13:28 PM   
JT2

As much as I appreciate Thielen and Diggs; would you rather have Thielen, Diggs and Treadwell or Woods, Cooks and Kupp?

3 is more than 2.
Post #: 3048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/8/2019 11:06:13 PM   
bohumm

quote:

As much as I appreciate Thielen and Diggs; would you rather have Thielen, Diggs and Treadwell or Woods, Cooks and Kupp?

3 is more than 2.

Rams hit a downward inflection when Kupp went out for the season; with all three plus the TEs, as well as Gurley going off, Goff kind of had it easy back there.
Post #: 3049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/9/2019 4:44:48 AM   
Todd M

quote:

3 is more than 2.

18 TD's is more than 17.
Post #: 3050
Page:   <<   < prev  120 121 [122] 123 124   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  120 121 [122] 123 124   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode