Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 4:36:14 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I am reading that Ezra hurt his ankle on the first drive of the Bears game, but stayed in and gutted it out. He did not practice yesterday. Here's the injury report:

https://www.vikings.com/news/cowboys-injury-report-week-11

Here's is a quote of Kubiak per Courtney Cronin:

"I think you'll see Ezra come back pretty quickly. He's a tough young man."

I would like to think that we should be able to beat the Cow Pukes without him and so if he's not 100% he should take a week off.

Cronin also tweeted this:

Gary Kubiak said Brett Jones and Oli Udoh are getting work at right guard in the event that Ezra Cleveland (ankle) can't go Sunday vs. Dallas.

Udoh should be getting work at guard regardless

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Udoh has to step in for Ezra... and OH! IT TURNS OUT HE IS PRETTY GOOD... MAYBE SHOULD HAVE TRIED THAT BEFORE!

Then again, I guess he could fall on his face.
We'll see.
Post #: 4726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 9:49:49 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

I am reading that Ezra hurt his ankle on the first drive of the Bears game, but stayed in and gutted it out. He did not practice yesterday. Here's the injury report:

I would like to think that we should be able to beat the Cow Pukes without him and so if he's not 100% he should take a week off.

Gary Kubiak said Brett Jones and Oli Udoh are getting work at right guard in the event that Ezra Cleveland (ankle) can't go Sunday vs. Dallas.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Udoh has to step in for Ezra... and OH! IT TURNS OUT HE IS PRETTY GOOD... MAYBE SHOULD HAVE TRIED THAT BEFORE!

We'll see.

Yeah I was pounding the table for Samia when Elflein was stinkin it up. 😂

Careful what you wish for.

Ezra not only stopped most of the constant leaking from that position, but was excelling far beyond anything I could imagine during a position change from college.
  Post #: 4727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 10:59:17 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

We'll see.

Yeah I was pounding the table for Samia when Elflein was stinkin it up. 😂

Careful what you wish for.

Ezra not only stopped most of the constant leaking from that position, but was excelling far beyond anything I could imagine during a position change from college.

In the case of the Vikings O-line (and sometimes linebacker, safety, and TE, etc...) we probably shouldn't be careful what we ask for. It seems like our backups ONLY get evaluation in real games and only when forced into play due to injury. We could look at Samia's performance and say that the coaches had evaluated properly and knew Elflien was the better choice. But then Cleveland gets put in and easily out-performs Samia AND Elflien.

It seem to me that even though Samia was worse than Elflien, that turned out to be more of a case of random chance or dumb luck rather than smart evaluation. Clearly Cleveland was the best choice of the three BY FAR all along yet there he was - sitting on the bench.

I firmly believe that with Cleveland playing RG instead of Samia we beat the Seahawks putting us at 5-4 right now just 2 games out of first in the North.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 1:12:33 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
Ezra Cleveland is OUT for Dallas. So expect Brett Jones to start at right guard.

Irv Smith Jr. (groin) and Cameron Dantzler (concussion) are QUESTIONABLE.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 2:39:01 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Ezra Cleveland is OUT for Dallas. So expect Brett Jones to start at right guard.

Cleveland is the worst possible player to be out for the Vikings. Dang it.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 3:13:12 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Worst possible?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 3:30:58 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Worst possible?

I suppose second to cousins

Post #: 4732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 3:33:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings know they don't have margin for error anymore. They can't stink it up against a team that's ready to lose. They already had their stinker vs. the Falcons. Losing vs. the Cowboys at this point of the season would be unforgivable. They are probably thinking more about their Thanksgiving game on national television.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 3:57:33 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worst possible?

Dalvin?
  Post #: 4734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 5:45:06 PM   
Bill Jandro

The revolving door at RG

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2020 6:03:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worst possible?

Dalvin?

Arguably, but consider the Dalvin->Mattison gap vs the Cousins->Mannion gap.

I hope they plug Udoh in at RG for this game, then work him to replace Dozier at LG.
Post #: 4736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 3:08:47 AM   
ratoppenheimer

KourtnieCronin@CourtneyRCronin
Cameron Dantzler was upgraded to a full participant in Friday's practice. He's questionable vs. Dallas.

The Vikings put a note at the end of their injury report stating WR coach Andrew Janocko "will be unable to attend the team's game against Dallas on Sunday."

Post #: 4737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 10:17:29 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Justin Jefferson is 7th in the NFL in Receiving Yards and 50th in Targets.

Dustin Baker on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 10:26:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Dustin Baker on Twitter

42 rec on 54 targets. I can see why PFF has him ranked so high. That is incredibly effecient for a veteran let alone a rookie.

Post #: 4739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 1:17:56 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Dustin Baker on Twitter

42 rec on 54 targets. I can see why PFF has him ranked so high. That is incredibly effecient for a veteran let alone a rookie.

Dude not only can catch but I think his best skill is that he knows how to get open.

Post #: 4740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 1:28:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Dustin Baker on Twitter

Dude not only can catch but I think his best skill is that he knows how to get open.

He's got some juice after the catch too. He deserves to be in the Pro Bowl..

Post #: 4741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 1:52:57 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Dallas Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence, who missed practice Thursday and Friday and was kept away from the facility with an illness, is making the trip Minnesota and will play against the Vikings, per sources.

Clarence Hill Jr. on Twitter

Post #: 4742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 5:33:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikings added a longsnapper to the practice squad. Austin Cutting is suddenly in the hot seat

Purple Reign News on Twitter

And here it says that he has been activated to the game day roster along with CJ Ham and Aviante Collins.

https://twitter.com/DawnAtFOX9/status/1330268790257553410/photo/1

Here's more information about the long snapper. He's been bouncing around the league and out of the league for the past 8 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_DePaola

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/21/2020 5:39:01 PM >

Post #: 4743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 7:30:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Vikings added a longsnapper to the practice squad. Austin Cutting is suddenly in the hot seat

And here it says that he has been activated to the game day roster along with CJ Ham and Aviante Collins.

Here's more information about the long snapper. He's been bouncing around the league and out of the league for the past 8 years.

Actually he's been in the league for six years, not out.
Post #: 4744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 7:44:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

With the #Vikings not elevating TE Brandon Dillon again from the practice squad, that's a good sign that TE Irv Smith, questionable with a groin injury, should be able to play tomorrow vs. Dallas. And things look to be trending also toward CB Cameron Dantzler being able to return

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Post #: 4745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 7:49:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

It looks like he played in one game in 2018 and hasn't played in a regular season game since. An injury was a problem for him.

Post #: 4746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 9:52:17 PM   
kwheats

Tomorrow, on the final Sunday before this year’s Thanksgiving celebrations, the Minnesota Vikings will be bringing Ham to the table.

The team has announced that they have activated fullback C.J. Ham from their reserve/COVID-19 list, ensuring that the Pro Bowler will be on the roster tomorrow when the Vikings host the Dallas Cowboys at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Post #: 4747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2020 11:06:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Tomorrow, on the final Sunday before this year’s Thanksgiving celebrations, the Minnesota Vikings will be bringing Ham to the table.

The team has announced that they have activated fullback C.J. Ham from their reserve/COVID-19 list, ensuring that the Pro Bowler will be on the roster tomorrow when the Vikings host the Dallas Cowboys at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Ham seemed kind of ineffective vs Chicago.
Post #: 4748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2020 12:42:38 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

[/quote

Been in the league with some team since 2014...$4m career earning....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 11/22/2020 12:47:06 AM >

Post #: 4749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2020 7:58:42 AM   
Bill Jandro

What's going on with Cutting?

Post #: 4750
Page:   <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode