Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  198 199 [200] 201 202   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 11:44:25 AM   
Mr. Ed

PFF MIN Vikings
Grades are live! The highest graded #Vikings on defense from yesterday’s win are:

Chris Jones 86.7

Eric Kendricks 73.2

Shamar Stephen 68.9

Cam Dantzler 64.2

Jalyn Holmes 55.6

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4976
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 12:03:01 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I wonder how good our dline would look with Pierce in the middle? Wonnum, Odenigbo, and Herc are able to get pressure off the edges without much help from the tackles.

they have their moments flushing the qb, but they look pretty slow chasing him....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4977
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 12:32:16 PM   
Rob Viking

Brett Jones and Chris Jones were both excellent yesterday.

Also I would like to add the Davis' trucking of Wilson should be a penalty by the letter of the law. Not that I agree with the rule but he did drive his helmet into a defenseless player.
Post #: 4978
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 12:40:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The Vikings rank 26th in the NFL in points allowed. With that in mind, yes, I am pleased with 5-6. They are winning games in spite of the defense.
If you don't get it, have a look at the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Saints. They finished 7-9 in each of those years -- because of defense.

In the same timeframe (since 2018 when Cousins came to the Vikings), these QBs have won one or zero playoff games:

Russell Wilson
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Dak Prescott
Deshaun Watson
Drew Brees
Lamar Jackson

Three QBs have won a Super Bowl during the last decade on their rookie deals -- Flacco, Wilson, Mahomes.
That means eight championships were won by QBs NOT on rookie deals.
Why do we act like this "QB on his rookie deal" strategy is bulletproof? It doesn't usually work.

With the Rams losing to the 49ers and presumably angry about it, I fully expect them to defeat the Cardinals next weekend.
In that scenario, coupled with a win over JAX, the Vikings would be the #7 seed by this time next week. And then on to Tampa.

(Dustin Baker on Twitter)

This guy's special skill is crafting stats and numbers to try and skew people's perception of facts. I'll restate the same thing he said in equally true terms but will say something else:

In the last decade, in order to win the Super Bowl you needed a Manning or a Brady. If you didn't have a Manning or a Brady then you needed needed a QB on his rookie deal as they won 60% of the Super Bowls in the last decade that weren't won by a Manning or a Brady. Aaron Rodgers and Nick Foles won the other two.

So, in summary, A Manning or a Brady won 50%, QBs on rookie deals won 30%, and Rodgers/Foles picked up the other 20%.

Lastly, no one has stated that 'QB on his rookie deal strategy is bulletproof'.

Great job. Screw that Dustin Twitter tweeter. His crap get imported here by those trying to make a point and it gets beat down!
Post #: 4979
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 1:09:10 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

The Vikings rank 26th in the NFL in points allowed. With that in mind, yes, I am pleased with 5-6. They are winning games in spite of the defense.
If you don't get it, have a look at the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Saints. They finished 7-9 in each of those years -- because of defense.

In the same timeframe (since 2018 when Cousins came to the Vikings), these QBs have won one or zero playoff games:

Russell Wilson
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Dak Prescott
Deshaun Watson
Drew Brees
Lamar Jackson

Three QBs have won a Super Bowl during the last decade on their rookie deals -- Flacco, Wilson, Mahomes.
That means eight championships were won by QBs NOT on rookie deals.
Why do we act like this "QB on his rookie deal" strategy is bulletproof? It doesn't usually work.

With the Rams losing to the 49ers and presumably angry about it, I fully expect them to defeat the Cardinals next weekend.
In that scenario, coupled with a win over JAX, the Vikings would be the #7 seed by this time next week. And then on to Tampa.

This guy's special skill is crafting stats and numbers to try and skew people's perception of facts. I'll restate the same thing he said in equally true terms but will say something else:

In the last decade, in order to win the Super Bowl you needed a Manning or a Brady. If you didn't have a Manning or a Brady then you needed needed a QB on his rookie deal as they won 60% of the Super Bowls in the last decade that weren't won by a Manning or a Brady. Aaron Rodgers and Nick Foles won the other two.

So, in summary, A Manning or a Brady won 50%, QBs on rookie deals won 30%, and Rodgers/Foles picked up the other 20%.

Lastly, no one has stated that 'QB on his rookie deal strategy is bulletproof'.

Brilliant retort....

Throwing out Manning/Brady to skew your viewpoint is ridiculously disingenious!

Interesting point. Two times MANNING won.... he beat a Brady.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4980
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 1:30:44 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

Also I would like to add the Davis' trucking of Wilson should be a penalty by the letter of the law. Not that I agree with the rule but he did drive his helmet into a defenseless player.

Absolutely a spearing. It got called in the Patriots/KC game later. Also how about that Green Bay/Chicago game, Tirdbiscuit get's face masked TWICE by 2 different players on the same play as they were pulling him to the ground, causing the fumble that the Pukers returned for a TD, the announcers mentioned it very briefly, then it was like "oops maybe we shouldn't have said anything".

< Message edited by thebigo -- 11/30/2020 1:45:18 PM >
Post #: 4981
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 1:54:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I have to admit I stopped watching after Beebe fumbled just short of the two minute warning. I figured with Cousins and our offenses inability to generate a drive in a two minute drill that the game was over. Carolina was going to run down the clock and score and it would be over. But then I found out later we won!

I Can't imagine any team is worse than the Vikings at clock management. but how did we have so much time after the panthers drive?

How did our offense move down the field like that when they seemed completely inept in previous attempts this season?

And How did their kicker miss that game winner by so much. Sheesh...we were LUCKY. We played a really sloppy game and were gifted a win. Cousins did ok, but did cough up the first Fumble/TD. We had a delay of game during a two minute drill at the end of the first half. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

Our D game up just 10 points. Our special teams kept their returners in check and blocked a FG.

Our offense was clearly missing Theilen but still managed 28 points.

Bisi and Beebe showed up. Beebe gets redemption after the fumble by catching game winner.

Our Defense was getting torched early so kudos to whatever adjustments were made. but the announcers seemed flabbergasted that the Panthers went completely away from the run when they were gashing us repeatedly.

We were lucky. We were gifted a win.

Panthers outplayed us and outcoached themselves.

They weren't gashing us in the 2nd half. They averaged 3.8 ypc for the game, which means they averaged about 2 ypc in the second half.
Post #: 4982
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 2:51:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

wrong thread

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/30/2020 2:57:56 PM >
Post #: 4983
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 2:53:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikings grades from #CARvsMIN:

Highest grades

Offense
• Cousins: 87.9
• Beebe: 81.5
• Johnson: 74.8
• Jones: 74.0
• Reiff: 71.7
• Jefferson: 68.1
• Rudolph: 67.7

Defense
• Jones: 86.7
• Kendricks: 73.2
• Stephen: 68.9
• Dantzler: 64.2
• Watts: 58.5

Lowest grades:

Offense
• Bradbury: 45.5
• Conklin: 48.0
• Ham: 50.7

Defense
• Dye: 29.8
• Harris: 40.7
• Wonnum: 43.5
• Johnson: 43.8
• Odenigbo: 44.9
• Gladney: 49.5

(Nick Olson on Twitter)

I say, way to go Chris Jones!

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/30/2020 2:58:18 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4984
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 2:58:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings' defense combined for 17 missed tackles, which is the most ever by a Vikings defense under Mike Zimmer

Nick Olson

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4985
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:00:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings' defense combined for 17 missed tackles, which is the most ever by a Vikings defense under Mike Zimmer

The #Vikings defense one top stat is in the red zone. They rank 3rd in allowing TDs at 51.3%.

(Warren Ludford on Twitter)

Post #: 4986
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:03:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The #Vikings continue to lead the league in red zone offense, scoring TDs at a 77.78% clip for the season.

Would easily be a franchise record for red zone efficiency if it holds the rest of the season.

(Ludford)

Another feather in the cap for Cousins. I know that he had a crappy start of the season, but he has come on. One thing that should be pointed out: he had a terrible start, but this off-season was not the ordinary and especially no pre-season games with the live bullets had to be a factor for him.

Post #: 4987
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:03:30 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Nick Olson

Would have lost money on that one
It didn't seem as bad as other efforts lately, imo.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4988
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:08:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings team ranks by PFF grade:

Overall: 13th (81.1)

Off: 3rd (86.0)
Pass: 5th (87.5)
P Blk: 25th (61.3)
Rec: 1st (90.2)
Run: 2nd (89.2)
R Blk: 21st (64.7)

Def: 24th (55.7)
Run D: 25th (50.3)
Takl: 21st (55.7)
Prsh: 31st (59.1)
Cvr: 17th (57.2)

ST: 15th (82.6)

(Warren Ludford)

Post #: 4989
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:11:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Quarterbacks with a higher PFF grade than Kirk Cousins in both 2019 and 2020:

Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson

That's it.
That's the list.

(sports tweeter Matthias on Twitter)

Post #: 4990
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:12:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Since the start of 2019, Kirk Cousins is the only QB in the NFL to engineer multiple comebacks when trailing by 10+ points at the start of the 4th Quarter.

No other QB has more than one such comeback in the last two seasons.

Post #: 4991
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:13:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Four Vikings had 7+ catches and 60 yards: Chad Beebe (7/63), Justin Jefferson (7/70 yards) and Bisi Johnson (7/74), Kyle Rudolph (7/68). It was just the 2nd time in NFL history that one team had 4 receivers each with 7+ catches and 60 receiving yards in same game (2012 Saints).

(Gil Brandt on Twitter)

Post #: 4992
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:14:20 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Kirk Cousins’ passer rating with the #Vikings = Aaron Rodgers’ with the Packers: 103.3.

(Warren Ludford on Twitter)

Post #: 4993
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:21:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Thank god QB for QB ratings

He can put up the stats with the best of 'em, never a doubt.

And some of those 4th quarter heroics are in garbage time. Like on the Gameday thread, when the Vikes are getting blown out people will call out its garbage time. KC then summarily puts up good numbers against those prevent defenses.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/30/2020 3:24:32 PM >
Post #: 4994
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:47:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If the #Vikings ever got in a situation like the Broncos had yesterday, Mike Zimmer said, Adam Thielen would be their emergency QB. With Thielen unavailable yesterday, it would have been Kyle Rudolph.

(Ben Gioessling on Twitter)

Post #: 4995
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 3:48:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Rookie WR Justin Jefferson has stepped up big time for Minnesota.

Justin Jefferson 2020 pace:
75 Receptions 1,335 Yards 8.7 TDs

Stefon Diggs best season in MIN:
102 Receptions 1,021 Yards 9 TDs

Viikes Insider on Twitter

Post #: 4996
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 4:07:49 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Since the start of 2019, Kirk Cousins is the only QB in the NFL to engineer multiple comebacks when trailing by 10+ points at the start of the 4th Quarter.

No other QB has more than one such comeback in the last two seasons.

Nit picking stats.

How many chances has he blown this year? 3 at least

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4997
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 4:23:22 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

Wonnum was the one getting trucked.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4998
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 4:26:32 PM   
Bill Jandro

Bradbury is absolutely terrible at pass blocking.

He simply doesn't keep his hands on the defender. He is more like a speed bump to the qb.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4999
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2020 4:50:00 PM   
Arlowe84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Bradbury is absolutely terrible at pass blocking.

He simply doesn't keep his hands on the defender. He is more like a speed bump to the qb.

Bradbury has been a massive disappointment. There is a general theory you don’t spend a top pick on a C. You can get good Cs later on
Really looking like his ceiling his average at best
We all know we need major defensive help. But look at the grades our line still needs work.
Sometimes you can use these guys at other spots, but his lack of size means he’s stuck there
He’s on his way to a one contact and done with this team
It’s tough to remain a winner when you miss on picks like that

< Message edited by Arlowe84 -- 11/30/2020 4:54:13 PM >
Post #: 5000
Page:   <<   < prev  198 199 [200] 201 202   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  198 199 [200] 201 202   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode