Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 9:22:10 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

#Vikings Gary Kubiak on KFAN on Dalvin Cook "He’s just beat up He’s been hit pretty hard the last couple of weeks taking some poundings .. It’s at that point of the season so we’ve got to get him freshened up this week & get him back to being himself .. He’s just kind of beat up"

D'oh!

Happens every year.
Elite 1st 1/2, then average or less if he is even active.
Have any of our coaches been paying attention?
We feed the crap out of him out of the gate and then he hits the wall (Bears).
And we continue feeding him like he's the same as game 1.

Good grief.

< Message edited by kevinemmer -- 12/2/2020 9:24:14 AM >
Post #: 5026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 9:41:11 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

#Vikings Gary Kubiak on KFAN on Dalvin Cook "He’s just beat up He’s been hit pretty hard the last couple of weeks taking some poundings .. It’s at that point of the season so we’ve got to get him freshened up this week & get him back to being himself .. He’s just kind of beat up"

D'oh!

Happens every year.

Good grief.

Teams are commiting to stopping him and making Cousins beat them with his arm. This week he used his arm to beat the Panthers. We have good recieving threats. So pick your poisons defenses. If they commit to stopping our passing game Cook will start gouging them again.

Also Have you noticed the running game slowed considerably when Ezra Cleveland went down?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 10:17:18 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

This game featured Cousins' first game winning drive after the two-minute warning as a Viking

Two and a half seasons in. That is not a good rate. How many games have we lost that he could have won with two minute drives. AT LEAST two more JUST this year.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 11:35:56 AM   
SoMnFan

The Minnesota Vikings have activated star wide receiver (and the areas top sunglass salesman) Adam Thielen, from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Thielen, who was placed on the list on Nov. 23, sat out the Vikings' victory over the Panthers on Sunday.

He has 49 receptions for 646 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 12/2/2020 11:37:04 AM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 11:37:06 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The Minnesota Vikings have activated star wide receiver Adam Thielen from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Thielen, who was placed on the list on Nov. 23, sat out the Vikings' victory over the Panthers on Sunday.

He has 49 receptions for 646 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

I might have to wear the jersey to work Friday to celebrate!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 11:37:45 AM   
SoMnFan

Absolutely !

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 12:13:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Oy. I think we have to start limiting his touches to like 20-25/game, long term.

Thought Cook didn't look like himself this last game.

Unsure why they don't run more of a platoon system with the other rb's. Their going to get Cook killed.

bit of a catch-22.

Struggle without him being at his best, use him too much and he gets too beat up.

All these considerations make the Randy Ratio look simple.
Post #: 5032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 12:54:05 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oy. I think we have to start limiting his touches to like 20-25/game, long term.

Thought Cook didn't look like himself this last game.

Unsure why they don't run more of a platoon system with the other rb's. Their going to get Cook killed.

bit of a catch-22.

Struggle without him being at his best, use him too much and he gets too beat up.

All these considerations make the Randy Ratio look simple.

Its why you build around a stud QB and not somebody getting pounded every time they touch the ball.
Post #: 5033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 1:24:57 PM   
Pauldiercks1

Sit Cook this week and If we need him in the second half put him in. If we can't beat the Jags with the backup RB we have we don't need to worry about wins and losses or making the playoffs.
Post #: 5034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 1:48:21 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Justin Jefferson is averaging 12.8 yards per TARGET this season. That's over a yard better than anyone else in the league.

(Fuller and Julio are at 11.7, Metcalf at 11.

Eric Thompson on Twitter

As I've said before, what a great draft pick!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 5:14:14 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

D'oh!

Happens every year.

Good grief.

Teams are commiting to stopping him and making Cousins beat them with his arm. This week he used his arm to beat the Panthers. We have good recieving threats. So pick your poisons defenses. If they commit to stopping our passing game Cook will start gouging them again.

Also Have you noticed the running game slowed considerably when Ezra Cleveland went down?

The point is Cook is toast every mid-season from overuse.
Post #: 5036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 6:54:27 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

Sit Cook this week and If we need him in the second half put him in. If we can't beat the Jags with the backup RB we have we don't need to worry about wins and losses or making the playoffs.

+1
Post #: 5037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2020 7:52:04 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

Justin Jefferson is averaging 12.8 yards per TARGET this season. That's over a yard better than anyone else in the league.

(Fuller and Julio are at 11.7, Metcalf at 11.

Eric Thompson on Twitter

As I've said before, what a great draft pick!

As much of a freakin dud Treadwell was is just how good Jefferson is...
  Post #: 5038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2020 2:03:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It's too bad Pierce opted out and Hunter hurt himself. There's a lot of talent on our team and we could go far if we were healthy. I suppose all teams have those kind of issues in any given season, though. My problem is that our defense, especially along the line, doesn't seems to be making many plays.

Sorry. I'm not helping, today.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2020 2:54:48 PM   
beo

quote:

It's too bad Pierce opted out and Hunter hurt himself. There's a lot of talent on our team and we could go far if we were healthy. I suppose all teams have those kind of issues in any given season, though. My problem is that our defense, especially along the line, doesn't seems to be making many plays.

I just don't know that we have the CBs to make a run this year even if our DL was healthly/here.

I do like that they keep churning the CBs in an effort to find a good mix.

I'm cautiously optimistic that next year we could make some noise (the mantra of a Vikes fan I guess).
Post #: 5040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2020 3:12:02 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

I just don't know that we have the CBs to make a run this year even if our DL was healthly/here.

I'm cautiously optimistic that next year we could make some noise (the mantra of a Vikes fan I guess).

The baptism by fire that those DBs are getting will be great experience for them.

Post #: 5041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2020 4:33:26 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

The baptism by fire that those DBs are getting will be great experience for them.

As long as it doesn't break them.
Post #: 5042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2020 4:38:36 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Teams rarely lose 2 all-pros from a 4 man (can I say 'man'?) unit for the entire season.
Post #: 5043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2020 5:33:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Teams rarely lose 2 all-pros from a 4 man (can I say 'man'?) unit for the entire season.

Or even rarer to lose two second team all-pros and a big fatty Jerry Ball/Pat Williams type starter.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/3/2020 5:34:48 PM >
Post #: 5044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2020 12:18:26 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

#Vikings TE Irv Smith Jr. (back) and DE D.J. Wonnum (bank/ankle) again don't practice today and are in line to not play Sunday against Jacksonville. TE Brandon Dillon in line to again be elevated from the practice squad.
Post #: 5045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2020 12:30:52 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

As long as it doesn't break them.

The ones it doesn't break will be better for it.

Post #: 5046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2020 12:52:57 PM   
David F.

quote:

#Vikings TE Irv Smith Jr. (back) and DE D.J. Wonnum (bank/ankle) again don't practice today and are in line to not play Sunday against Jacksonville. TE Brandon Dillon in line to again be elevated from the practice squad.

Time for Rudolph to step up and make some kind of statement. No reason to hold anything back at this point. Through eleven games: 28 catches, 334 yards, 1 TD. Cap hit $8.8 million.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2020 2:38:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Time for Rudolph to step up and make some kind of statement. No reason to hold anything back at this point. Through eleven games: 28 catches, 334 yards, 1 TD. Cap hit $8.8 million.

It seems that the Vkings would be advised to throw to their wide receivers this week and hopefully give Cook a bit of a break.

https://twitter.com/wludford/status/1334959073557696517?s=20

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2020 2:42:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Vikings have the biggest WR/CB matchup advantage in the league this weekend, according to PFF. By far.

I would think any team playing the Vikings would have the biggest advantage there.

But what do I know?

Post #: 5049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2020 3:04:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It's good to have Ezra Cleveland back for Sunday's game. Smith and Wonnum being out hurts, but we definitely want them healthy for the game against Tampa Bay.

Post #: 5050
Page:   <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode