Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 7:44:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I see a report that says Kyle Rudolph does 250 push ups daily. Not too shabby.

https://vikingsdaily.com/post/613789993749610496/vikings-te-kyle-rudolph-doing-among-other-things

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 8:17:18 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

Thanks to Bruce for the Dustin Baker twitter tip. This one surprised me (a lot), given that Zimmer is often criticized, at least here in the game day thread, for being too conservative when he has the lead:

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/1242854625113448448

Since 2015, Top 5 W/L records when team is leading at the end of the 3rd Quarter:

1. Vikings (45-0)
2. Patriots (57-2)
3. Packers (34-1-1)
4. Texans (29-2)
5. Chiefs (49-6)

The Minnesota Vikings are the only undefeated team under these parameters.

That is amazing.

We’ve never had any trouble whooping the crap out of inferior teams.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 9:33:46 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Thanks to Bruce for the Dustin Baker twitter tip. This one surprised me (a lot), given that Zimmer is often criticized, at least here in the game day thread, for being too conservative when he has the lead:

Since 2015, Top 5 W/L records when team is leading at the end of the 3rd Quarter:

1. Vikings (45-0)
2. Patriots (57-2)
3. Packers (34-1-1)
4. Texans (29-2)
5. Chiefs (49-6)

That is amazing.

Well our last victory was a double whammy for you David. Rudolph played well and caught the game winner, and last I checked the Saints were a “Inferior” 13-3 team.

< Message edited by kurt bilben -- 3/27/2020 9:36:56 PM >
  Post #: 503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 9:44:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Vikings (45-0)
2. Patriots (57-2)
3. Packers (34-1-1)
4. Texans (29-2)
5. Chiefs (49-6)

That is amazing.

Well our last victory was a double whammy for you David. Rudolph played well and caught the game winner, and last I checked the Saints were a “Inferior” 13-3 team.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 10:58:03 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Vikings (45-0)
2. Patriots (57-2)
3. Packers (34-1-1)
4. Texans (29-2)
5. Chiefs (49-6)

That is amazing.

In that game we had a masterful gameplan and stuck it to the Saints on their home field. Rudy caught four balls on seven targets for 31 yards and the game-winning touchdown. Not a whammy in the singular or double for me. Rudy gave us his normal low production but the game winning four-yard TD catch was thrilling to say the least.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 11:13:24 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Vikings (45-0)
2. Patriots (57-2)
3. Packers (34-1-1)
4. Texans (29-2)
5. Chiefs (49-6)

That is amazing.

In that game we had a masterful gameplan and stuck it to the Saints on their home field. Rudy caught four balls on seven targets for 31 yards and the game-winning touchdown. Not a whammy in the singular or double for me. Rudy gave us his normal low production but the game winning four-yard TD catch was thrilling to say the least.

What else to do in quarantine but give you a hard time bro?😉

What is your thoughts on what we left behind, and what we need to do my friend? Forgive me, I haven’t read the previous few pages.
  Post #: 506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/27/2020 11:49:58 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Vikings (45-0)
2. Patriots (57-2)
3. Packers (34-1-1)
4. Texans (29-2)
5. Chiefs (49-6)

That is amazing.

What else to do in quarantine but give you a hard time bro?😉

What is your thoughts on what we left behind, and what we need to do my friend? Forgive me, I haven’t read the previous few pages.

I love it!

I dunno what to say on the rest. We got a guy called the juggernaut. That's pretty cool. I was hoping we'd keep Ant Harris but I don't think we will. Once again I don't think we've properly addressed the O-line but it's still early. Barring any trades (Harris) we're going to need to score a starting OL, WR, and CB in the draft. We might actually have the picks for it.

Post #: 507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/28/2020 7:50:20 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Sorry to be off topic again, but I thought we could all use some humor. This is from a friend of a Twitter friend.

{{{ I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.
He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there." }}}

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/28/2020 8:22:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Sorry to be off topic again, but I thought we could all use some humor. This is from a friend of a Twitter friend.

{{{ I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.
He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there." }}}

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/28/2020 9:09:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Check out this interception by the newest Viking.

https://www.vikings.com/news/demarquis-gates-5-things-to-know-about-new-vikings-lb

Post #: 510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 3:23:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Makes sense about what happened to Wobby. How embarrassing, if it's true. He's married with children.

https://twitter.com/neg_dave/status/1191918715383631872?s=09

Post #: 511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 7:44:39 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Makes sense about what happened to Wobby. How embarrassing, if it's true. He's married with children.

https://twitter.com/neg_dave/status/1191918715383631872?s=09

He would have had to be sloshed to even think he could move on Erin Andrews.
Post #: 512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 8:01:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

https://www.startribune.com/former-vikings-guard-terry-tausch-dies-at-61/569141932/?ref=nl&om_rid=1667945929&om_mid=711176649

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 8:02:56 AM   
Mark Anderson

You got to like GM John Lynch from the 49ers.

Most GMs want Draft moved back because no visits. He more or less says no excuses, it is what it is.

They can still call the players. And their coaches. And trainers.

I agree with Goodell. Full speed ahead with draft.

Country needs another distraction.
Post #: 514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 8:06:50 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Most GMs want Draft moved back because no visits. He more or less says no excuses, it is what it is.

Playing field is still level for all teams. Glad they're doing it

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 8:07:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

You can get physicals, interviews, and tests over zoom/webex/teams. Actually it will save teams money now and in the future. I think this will impact how we travel for work in the future.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 9:51:43 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Field Yates@FieldYates

Official cap space by team (teams 24-32):
24. BAL: 13,513,779
25. GB: 12,966,433
26. MIN: 12,495,443
27. SEA: 11,317,846
28. NO: 9,237,537
29. PIT: 8,667,814
30. ATL: 7,530,188
31. NE: 891,775
32. KC: 177

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 10:05:53 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Playing field is still level for all teams. Glad they're doing it

It's a level playing field for sure and also a wake up call (like the sixth and final wake up call) for coaches that still eschew technology.

Post #: 518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2020 9:15:11 PM   
Hearing quite a bit of conjecture about us trading for Trent Williams again.

Perhaps it’s because it’s the slowest sports news days/ nights ever.

Some of the scenarios thrown out are attractive if Williams is anywhere near the player he used to be?

Big ? I know
  Post #: 519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2020 8:07:25 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Some of the scenarios thrown out are attractive if Williams is anywhere near the player he used to be?

Big ? I know

Pros: Great when healthy, fits our scheme, we have extra picks

Cons: Big contract when we are already tight against cap, injury concerns, age
Post #: 520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2020 8:50:33 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Big ? I know

Don't you think that from the perspective of the Redskins he needs to be unloaded at a discount? How can they get full value for him with his past injury and inactivity history, age, his contract demands and with everyone knowing that the Redskins are over the barrel and have to trade him?

Post #: 521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2020 9:35:58 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Big ? I know

Don't you think that from the perspective of the Redskins he needs to be unloaded at a discount? How can they get full value for him with his past injury and inactivity history, age, his contract demands and with everyone knowing that the Redskins are over the barrel and have to trade him?

The Redskins are trying to create a bidding war. MN, Jets, Browns.

Nobody is flinching(lots of good Tackles in draft) so they will probably end up taking a 3rd rounder. Hopefully from us.
Post #: 522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2020 9:44:15 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Big ? I know

The Redskins are trying to create a bidding war. MN, Jets, Browns.

Nobody is flinching(lots of good Tackles in draft) so they will probably end up taking a 3rd rounder. Hopefully from us.

That's what I would settle for. After all, our third rounders are almost fourth rounders and we have two of them.

Post #: 523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2020 2:50:54 PM   
SoMnFan

ESPN's way-too-early season power rankings
Higher than I thought they'd have us.

8. Minnesota Vikings

Way-too-early ranking: 9
Three words: Defense deeply depleted. The Vikings unloading expensive veterans while not re-signing a handful of their own free agents was inevitable given their salary-cap situation, but losing Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Trae Waynes, Mackensie Alexander, Xavier Rhodes, Andrew Sendejo and Jayron Kearse leaves a lot of production to replace. The defense is in the midst of a reboot, and Minnesota will need to hit on its draft picks this year in hopes that a first- or second-round cornerback can aid a group that lost all of its starters and find a defensive end to begin to replace what Griffen brought over 10 years in Minnesota. -- Courtney Cronin

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2020 2:52:28 PM   
SoMnFan

Not sure if it's been talked about, but owners voted to extend the # of playoff teams to 14 today.
Pretty significant change.

NFL team owners formally approved a plan Tuesday to expand the postseason to 14 teams, beginning with the 2020 season.
During a conference call to discuss league business after the annual meetings were canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, the owners also awarded one of those extra games to CBS and one to NBC. Three-fourths of the 32 owners needed to approve the change.

The new format changes prior league practice in two ways:
• There will be a total of three wild-card teams per conference, up from two.
• The No. 2 seed in each conference will host the new No. 7 seed in the wild-card round, meaning that only the No. 1 seeds will have first-round byes.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell began considering the idea nearly 10 years ago, and the league appeared on the brink of adopting a similar plan in 2014. Ultimately, the idea was put on hold until after owners and players completed a new collective bargaining agreement earlier this month.
Wild-card weekend will feature back-to-back tripleheaders on Jan. 9 and 10, according to the league. CBS will broadcast one of the new games, scheduled for a 4:40 p.m. ET kickoff on Jan. 10, and it will be streamed on CBS All Access. That game also will be aired on Nickelodeon in a production geared toward a younger audience.
NBC, its new streaming service Peacock and Spanish-language Telemundo will broadcast the other new game on Jan. 10 at approximately 8:15 p.m. ET.
The NFL last expanded its playoffs in 1990, increasing from 10 to 12 teams.

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 3/31/2020 2:53:56 PM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode