Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 3:51:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Randy Moss saying how many TD's he would score with Mahomes as his QB during his prime:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29423151

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 5:32:53 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Viking T arm length

Udoh 35 3/8
O'Neal 34 1/4
Clev 33 3/8
Rieff 33 1/4
Hill unavailable

Cleveland lumped in with the T-Rex gang.
Post #: 2027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 5:35:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

Viking T arm length

Udoh 35 3/8
O'Neal 34 1/4
Clev 33 3/8
Rieff 33 1/4
Hill unavailable

There is speculation that Udoh will move inside to guard. When I see his arm length it makes me hope that he remains at tackle.

Stumpy brothers Reiff and Cleveland to guard.

Dozier and Samia to tackle.
Post #: 2028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 5:38:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

There was a run on tackles a year ago in the draft and it pushed O'Neill to the back end of the second round. He was projected to more likely go in the third round. In Cleveland's case we were all relieved he was still available for us in the second round. If we had selected him instead of Gladney in the first round we would not have been shocked. So what I'm saying is that there is a chance he will be ready to play soon and display a high level of talent. Just hoping, but of course we all are looking forward to training camp to see it on the field.

Post #: 2029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 5:41:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Viking T arm length

Udoh 35 3/8
O'Neal 34 1/4
Clev 33 3/8
Rieff 33 1/4
Hill unavailable

There is speculation that Udoh will move inside to guard. When I see his arm length it makes me hope that he remains at tackle.

Then we start creating a log jam at tackle

I have Reiff moving to guard. We drafted two guards earlier this year and Samia last year. If Reiff does indeed move to guard, then I only see three tackles on the roster. I'm not counting Collins. Maybe I should, but I found this:

Although listed as a tackle, his size and length suggests he's better suited to play guard in the NFL

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/76-days-vikings-football-aviante-collins-preview-2020

Who sits, Oneal, Cleveland, or Udoh?
Post #: 2030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 6:49:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

O'Neill start for sure. The others compete with Hill for LT. It might be Hill for game one and Cleveland later in season. Maybe.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 6:59:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2020/07/08/3-free-agents-start-minnesota-vikings/

Post #: 2032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/8/2020 10:46:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

O'Neill start for sure. The others compete with Hill for LT. It might be Hill for game one and Cleveland later in season. Maybe.

If Udoh doesn't start/play at OT, shouldn't he play guard if he is an upgrade?
Post #: 2033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2020 5:43:20 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

If Udoh doesn't start/play at OT, shouldn't he play guard if he is an upgrade?

I'm debating that, myself. Fair question. The argument for that would be to get the best five players out there. Would he be better than Reiff at guard and Samia? Maybe, and if so then I could accept that. I would still consider him a backup tackle if one of the starting tackles goes down, so I would have him practice at both positions.

Post #: 2034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2020 8:51:44 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Recovery update. Yesterday I cut the grass in my back yard. I did 1/3rd at a time. Today I drove for the first time since returning from the hospital. Baby steps.

Post #: 2035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2020 9:28:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Recovery update. Yesterday I cut the grass in my back yard. I did 1/3rd at a time. Today I drove for the first time since returning from the hospital. Baby steps.

At least you've been posting full bore!
Post #: 2036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2020 9:53:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

At least you've been posting full bore!

I'm not working right now, so I have a lot of time. Still, not much football to write about. The strange thing about me is that I may post less once the season begins and be content reading what everyone here has to say.

Ludford told me the other day that there's not much to write about, but today he came out with a long article about Covid and football. You would think I would be interested in that, but I wasn't. I want to put Covid in the rear mirror and the season can't come soon enough.

Post #: 2037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/9/2020 10:32:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is pretty wild. Read it for entertainment value.

https://purpleptsd.com/possible-vikings-rosters-part-2-of-3/

Post #: 2038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 7:42:56 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

apart from the trading cook part, i'm okay with it....

i like that they only keep 3 rb's and 1 FB....

i like that they keep 6 wr's and 6 cb's...including quartney davis....

they do cut jaleel johnson, tyler conklin and bed gedeon, but if the coaches tell me that there are better options i'm fine with that....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 9:00:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

they do cut jaleel johnson, tyler conklin and bed gedeon, but if the coaches tell me that there are better options i'm fine with that....

I thought his choice of DT's was a bit questionable

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 9:37:57 AM   
Bruce Johnson

He was definitely preferring the younger players. With a limited off-season I don't believe that will happen.

Post #: 2041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 9:45:08 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

I thought his choice of DT's was a bit questionable

Jaleel over moA....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 10:39:03 AM   
Ricky J

I always had this vision, more like hope I suppose, that Beebe would be our Julian Edelman. sigh
Post #: 2043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 11:18:08 AM   
Pager

Good to hear adding activity and getting stronger, Bruce.

I saw this factoid:

The #Bears interviewed Bill Walsh but hired Neill Armstrong, interviewed Bill Belichick but hired Dick Jauron, and interviewed Bruce Arians but hired Marc Trestman. I know we like to talk about QB misses but that's pretty crazy too.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 11:50:27 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I saw this factoid:

The #Bears interviewed Bill Walsh but hired Neill Armstrong, interviewed Bill Belichick but hired Dick Jauron, and interviewed Bruce Arians but hired Marc Trestman. I know we like to talk about QB misses but that's pretty crazy too.

Who'd they talk to before they hired Ape Gibbon?
Post #: 2045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 2:42:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I saw this factoid:

Who'd they talk to before they hired Ape Gibbon?

I don't know, but I remember the Vikings interviewed Pete Carroll before hiring Dennis Green. Green wasn't bad, but I wonder if Carroll could have done better.

Anyway, I just read this from dailynorseman:

In an announcement that does not come as a surprise, the #Vikings have declared that no fans will be allowed to attend Training Camp practice sessions this season.

Post #: 2046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 5:00:13 PM   
bohumm

quote:

This is great all around. So glad you're getting better, so glad you're staying active and mobile, and so glad you're taking a prudent, smart approach.
Post #: 2047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 5:03:05 PM  3 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I always had this vision, more like hope I suppose, that Beebe would be our Julian Edelman. sigh

He still could be. If he can stay healthy and improve his consistency, he might be at least a contributor. The addition of KJ Osborn may be an impediment for him as well.

To me, hope is what fandom is all about. Hang on to it, even in the face of logic if necessary.
Post #: 2048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 5:18:35 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

He was definitely preferring the younger players. With a limited off-season I don't believe that will happen.

He had Dillon Mitchell on the active Roster so he gets my support 100%.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/10/2020 10:12:43 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Randy Moss saying how many TD's he would score with Mahomes as his QB during his prime:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29423151

Yeah well, I'm betting he's not the only receiver to think he'd of got a few more with Mahomes throwing at 'em. ha ha!
Post #: 2050
Page:   <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode