Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  202 203 [204] 205 206   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2021 2:55:36 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

On the road wins, playing in noise, with a defense that is having its own soft coverage, sus run stoping ability, and corners that seem either toasty, or poor tacklers, I think putting the team’s success on the offense, with the play calling we have seen, is asking a bit much.

We have to win the lines, not likely, and win the TO margin.

Not seeing a great come from behind offense, time management, urgency, or go for the throat, balls out style, yet.

Our offensive line, up against Arizona…

Prey..

Literally, they will be out for blood, cook’s, cousins, and Bradbury…

Captain hold the ball better quicken his reading ability, or he is going to eat footballs.

Yea, yea, …

Better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised, than expect prowess, and be disappointed by reality.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5076
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2021 3:39:56 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

On the road wins, playing in noise, with a defense that is having its own soft coverage, sus run stoping ability, and corners that seem either toasty, or poor tacklers, I think putting the team’s success on the offense, with the play calling we have seen, is asking a bit much.

Not seeing a great come from behind offense, time management, urgency, or go for the throat, balls out style, yet.

Prey..

Captain hold the ball better quicken his reading ability, or he is going to eat footballs.

Yea, yea, …

Better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised, than expect prowess, and be disappointed by reality.

i've come to believe that cousins just cannot throw the ball away...he's programmed to keep waiting for someone to get open...we've talked about it for a few years with cousins, but many more regarding other qbs....

i think that that's one of the things that makes brady a great quarterback - he gets rid of the ball when there's no one to throw to, and the heat is on - keeps the drive alive for the next down...it seems like a simple thing that should be easy, but many qbs struggle with it....

getting sacked crushes one's chances to achieve a 1st down....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5077
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2021 7:46:33 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Prey..

Yea, yea, …

Yet, if not for a ref aided fumble by Cook, we'd have a great come from behind offense, through game 1 of the 2021 season.
Post #: 5078
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2021 7:55:52 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Anybody see Heinicke in command of the two-minute offense on Thursday for Washington?

Its amazing what good protection will do for you ...

makes you realize hard it is to play well without it, as Cousins did.

Refresh my memory. Did Cousins lead the Vikings to tie the game in the last 2 minutes? And then drive us to winning FG range in OT before Cook fumbled?

Cousins led us to a field goal. Heineke led them to a TD where Kirk would have got us to a field goal making the final drive one of desperation needing a TD to go ahead vs a FG. Just my opinion of course.

And that was against the defending division champion.
Post #: 5079
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2021 8:00:01 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

RS Commandments

Thou shall trade away higher draft slots to mass many low round picks who will become camp fodder.
Thou shall sign gimmicky players and people like Brock Lesnar, someone who can jump a stack of tires, and a German WR for spring entertainment.
Thou shall pay huge contracts to former Vikings Pro Bowlers who are clearly on the decline because they did good things in the community.
Thou shall take at least a two-year wait and see approach to any given OL woe.
Thou shall trade away first and second round picks for players who end up making no difference or only play five games.
Thou shall be enamored with Kurt Cousins, and sign off on the first-ever 100% guaranteed contract then pile more cap money on it.
Thou shall draft OL poorly.
Thou shall idly watch formerly good FG kickers go downhill.
Thou shall retain pictures of the Wilfs with sheep.

Thank you Father, 5 Hail Marys and 2 Our Fathers it is.
Post #: 5080
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2021 10:34:49 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anybody see Heinicke in command of the two-minute offense on Thursday for Washington?

Refresh my memory. Did Cousins lead the Vikings to tie the game in the last 2 minutes? And then drive us to winning FG range in OT before Cook fumbled?

Cousins led us to a field goal. Heineke led them to a TD where Kirk would have got us to a field goal making the final drive one of desperation needing a TD to go ahead vs a FG. Just my opinion of course.

The point being Cousins came through in the last two minutes. Then he he had us in position to win in OT. The heart of Brad's anti Cousins argument is the only stat that matters is the last two minutes.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5081
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 12:19:28 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The point being Cousins came through in the last two minutes. Then he he had us in position to win in OT. The heart of Brad's anti Cousins argument is the only stat that matters is the last two minutes.

Yup. I don't even think Cousins was particularly sharp Sunday but he held up his end when it was most critical.

We really need Osborne to not be a flash in the pan. I was hoping for Westbrook and/or Herndon to get mixed in a bit more – that third option made such a big difference, even if you take away Osborne's one unbelievable play.

GZUZ the Offensive tools are there to be really decent if they can squeeze anything better out of the OL.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 9/19/2021 12:21:41 AM >
Post #: 5082
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 3:06:28 AM   
Bill Jandro

Certainly not going to rehash every post bit Bill Jo and Tom S echo what needs to be summarized:

Spielman SUX and needs to go.

He simply does not value the importance of the oline and has been unable to field a franchise qb in his 10 years as a gm.

Personally I've seen enough.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5083
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 3:15:47 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

Prey..

Yea, yea, …

i've come to believe that cousins just cannot throw the ball away...he's programmed to keep waiting for someone to get open...we've talked about it for a few years with cousins, but many more regarding other qbs....

i think that that's one of the things that makes brady a great quarterback - he gets rid of the ball when there's no one to throw to, and the heat is on - keeps the drive alive for the next down...it seems like a simple thing that should be easy, but many qbs struggle with it....

getting sacked crushes one's chances to achieve a 1st down....

I agree. Cousins wasn't the problem in the loss in cincy but he also was not the answer. He's getting paid to be the answer and simply is not capable of being the guy.

I don't think I've ever seen him throw it OOB's to live another down. He's more stat orientated than Bradford.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5084
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 8:44:03 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Certainly not going to rehash every post bit Bill Jo and Tom S echo what needs to be summarized:

Spielman SUX and needs to go.

He simply does not value the importance of the oline and has been unable to field a franchise qb in his 10 years as a gm.

Personally I've seen enough.

Agree 100%.

If we can see the flaws in here, he should be able to see the flaws where he sits. How long have we been talking about the flaws of the o-line? It's getting to be like a national holiday .... we just plan for it every year.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5085
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 11:22:47 AM   
Brad H

Another stunner. Both Xavier Rhodes and Trae Waynes are injured and inactive today.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5086
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 12:30:46 PM   
stfrank

Watching the Raiders vs Pitt and Daniel Carlson just kicked a 46 yd FG for his 23rd consecutive, but we didn't need him.....
Just more of the Zimmer/Spielman personnel decisions that continue to haunt our team.
Post #: 5087
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 1:01:27 PM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I feel like a lot of this is wanting Cousins to be something he's not, and never has been. He is robotic, programmed, somewhat immobile, and turnover averse to a fault. We can wish it were otherwise, but it's not. The perplexing thing is how the brass looked at him and said, "Yup, another cap-killing contract and the same OL play will do just fine because our run game and D are elite." Grousing that Cousins made the throw to the EZ instead of the 12-yard swing is like getting to the end of an alcoholic's story and saying, "That point where you got fired and your wife was threatening to leave? What you should have done there is stop drinking. In fact, while you were telling your story, I kept wondering at so many points, over and over, why you didn't just stop drinking. That would have made more sense than just continuing to drink. Why didn't you do that, when what you were doing wasn't working?"

I'm becoming convinced that NFL teams should never ride with anything other than elite quarterbacking. If your guy is good or worse, dump him and start over. Trying to thread the needle with a plan like the Vikings', to have an elite D and very good running game and then a manager at QB, is folly. Look at KC when they had Smith. Keep reaching in the draft for the elite guy, even if your guy is good.

Good isn't really good enough at QB in the NFL.
Post #: 5088
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 1:04:14 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Watching the Raiders vs Pitt and Daniel Carlson just kicked a 46 yd FG for his 23rd consecutive, but we didn't need him.....
Just more of the Zimmer/Spielman personnel decisions that continue to haunt our team.

This may be the episode that tells the tell of this regime after they're gone. Drafted a K and then cut him because the coach was out of his mind, the GM couldn't counter him, and both thought the team was way better than it actually was. The same goes for trading for Bradford: trade the future for a mediocre QB for a team that really wasn't that good.
Post #: 5089
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:25:31 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

This may be the episode that tells the tell of this regime after they're gone. Drafted a K and then cut him because the coach was out of his mind, the GM couldn't counter him, and both thought the team was way better than it actually was. The same goes for trading for Bradford: trade the future for a mediocre QB for a team that really wasn't that good.

Seems like the moves were more about preserving their own jobs if you ask me

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5090
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:31:07 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Our loss to the Bengals looking even worse right now
Post #: 5091
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:37:18 PM   
Tom Sykes

I’m just hoping that the bad vibe thats been peaking in here lately converts into a big win today!

What do we know!
Post #: 5092
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:37:52 PM   
Tom Sykes

ok I’ll speak for myself from now on.
Post #: 5093
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:44:05 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

Yup. They’re getting absolutely rolled by the Bears.
Post #: 5094
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:47:52 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

And now Fields is being very generous
Post #: 5095
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 2:56:10 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

That post didn’t age well…
Post #: 5096
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 3:48:25 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Seems like the moves were more about preserving their own jobs if you ask me

I agree.
Post #: 5097
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 6:55:32 PM   
Tom Sykes

Heartbreaker.

Cousins again did well in crunch time.

Its obvious that the coaches don't want him heaving it down the field with a probable FG opportunity. That's not too smart Zimmer since you're a walking STs toxin and jinx rolled into one.

Its inexcusable not to take one shot at a TD with a vet QB getting it done and your THREE options!

Osborn and Vigil keeping the O and D alive for the bigger names.

Hunter ... what a monster.

So so surprised by our tepid run defense.

Not only is Breeland barely ok .. he flops around on the ground more than Rhodes ever did or any world cup soccer player ever did.

Good to see Danztler play alright. A step up for him.

Although the AZ D adjusted and our OL got abused a bit in the second half ... it was much better than week 1, I'll take it for now. A step up for them.

Heartbreaker.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 9/19/2021 6:56:58 PM >
Post #: 5098
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 7:09:07 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

Heartbreaker.

Its obvious that the coaches don't want him heaving it down the field with a probable FG opportunity. That's not too smart Zimmer since you're a walking STs toxin and jinx rolled into one.

Its inexcusable not to take one shot at a TD with a vet QB getting it done and your THREE options!

Not only is Breeland barely ok .. he flops around on the ground more than Rhodes ever did or any world cup soccer player ever did.

Although the AZ D adjusted and our OL got abused a bit in the second half ... it was much better than week 1, I'll take it for now. A step up for them.

Heartbreaker.

Breeland has the worst case of the Loser's Limp that I've ever seen. He needs to get that checked out.
Post #: 5099
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 7:21:13 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Heartbreaker.

Heartbreaker.

Breeland has the worst case of the Loser's Limp that I've ever seen. He needs to get that checked out.

Does he work out with Rhodes in the offseason? Or is that something our CB whisperer teaches? LOL
Post #: 5100
Page:   <<   < prev  202 203 [204] 205 206   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  202 203 [204] 205 206   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode