Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  203 204 [205] 206 207   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 7:37:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

As much as Cousins can drive us crazy he's put us in position to win the last 2 weeks and both times we blew it. I wonder who the goat will be next week.
Post #: 5101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 8:08:05 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

As much as Cousins can drive us crazy he's put us in position to win the last 2 weeks and both times we blew it. I wonder who the goat will be next week.

Cousins played well today. I would have liked to see him audible out of those two run plays near the end of the first half that killed our chance at a TD but I have no idea what the protocol is and whether he even is allowed to do that.

Coaching lost us the game today. Unforgivable time management and unforgivable calling those two run plays near the end of the first half. Also unforgivable to not use our time remaining at the end of the game to get closer for the field goal or GASP! maybe even get a TD.

Get Bienemy's agent on the phone and start negotiating.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 8:11:00 PM   
Ricky J

My son shared with me a conversation he saw on one of his social media sites:

Cardinals fan: I can't believe we won that game

Cowboys Fan: God doesn't hate the Cardinals
Post #: 5103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 8:54:32 PM   
HL OSWALD

“I felt good about that kick. I know he missed the extra point earlier, but it’s kind of like that. He’s been kicking good, we’re indoors, it’s a perfect surface. I’m thinking, ‘This should be an easy one here,'” Zimmer said, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

It proved not to be an easy one, and the Vikings lost 34-33. It wouldn’t be surprising if Zimmer and the Vikings go looking for a new kicker this week.

====

How about we give the kicker another chance and go looking for a new HC instead this week!

< Message edited by HL OSWALD -- 9/19/2021 9:08:34 PM >
Post #: 5104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 9:18:14 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Watching the Raiders vs Pitt and Daniel Carlson just kicked a 46 yd FG for his 23rd consecutive, but we didn't need him.....
Just more of the Zimmer/Spielman personnel decisions that continue to haunt our team.

This may be the episode that tells the tell of this regime after they're gone. Drafted a K and then cut him because the coach was out of his mind, the GM couldn't counter him, and both thought the team was way better than it actually was. The same goes for trading for Bradford: trade the future for a mediocre QB for a team that really wasn't that good.

Seems like the moves were more about preserving their own jobs if you ask me

Bingo.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 5105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 9:49:52 PM   
David F.

Cousins weighs in: “ I think you still want to get as many [yards] as you can, be greedy and get all you can, so that you’re not asking too much of somebody."

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 10:08:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Cousins weighs in: “ I think you still want to get as many [yards] as you can, be greedy and get all you can, so that you’re not asking too much of somebody."

And I agree with him! Zimmer is the ultimate fake tough guy.
Post #: 5107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 10:17:00 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

And I agree with him! Zimmer is the ultimate fake tough guy.

Yup. He coaches scared and he continually bullies the smallest, least physical guy on the roster.
Post #: 5108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 10:19:03 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Cousins played well today. I would have liked to see him audible out of those two run plays near the end of the first half that killed our chance at a TD but I have no idea what the protocol is and whether he even is allowed to do that.

Coaching lost us the game today. Unforgivable time management and unforgivable calling those two run plays near the end of the first half. Also unforgivable to not use our time remaining at the end of the game to get closer for the field goal or GASP! maybe even get a TD.

Get Bienemy's agent on the phone and start negotiating.

Agree 100%. Add in the time lost to not knowing that Thielen had been ruled in bounds, the huddling, the lack of urgency at the end of both halves, the half baked squib kick when the guy gets touchbacks almost every time, the soft zones...

This is the worst I've felt about Zimmer and his homie Spielman. It's the same as always. Trades for players that never play. Are we a Zimmer tantrum away from sending out another kicker that thrives for years following? Or does this guy just suck, and is just another failed solution to the problem they created by immediately cutting a guy they drafted to be the solution to the problem....I don't see this ending.
Post #: 5109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 10:26:18 PM   
beo

Just finished watching KC/Baltimore.

Wow... talk about 2 coaches who get today's game...

Really great game.
Post #: 5110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 10:33:15 PM   
David F.

27 and 34 points allowed so far from the defense. This isn’t getting enough discussion.

Post #: 5111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 11:19:10 PM   
bohumm

The defense has been horrible, especially the secondary. Run defense was better today, but that might be more about AZ than anything else.
Post #: 5112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 11:41:18 PM   
hagar

My guess about the end of todays game is that Zimmer didn't want to run any more plays because of the bogus
fumble call at the end of last weeks game. My whole family was screaming to get more yardage you asshole, cousins
was on target and guys were making plays and the cards were on their heels and in trouble. Sadly Zimmer didn't
hear us. Instead he chose to be afraid that somebody might screw something up. Note to mike zimmer: If you
coach the game being scared that somebody might screw something up, inevitably, somebody WILL screw something up!

Jackass
Post #: 5113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2021 11:58:12 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

The defense has been horrible, especially the secondary. Run defense was better today, but that might be more about AZ than anything else.

I'm hoping that Mr. "I'm still ahead of the curve (defensively), the people who know, they know" can remind
his DBs that when you are covering a receiver you should actually, you know, COVER them.
Post #: 5114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 12:45:00 AM   
David Levine

quote:

27 and 34 points allowed so far from the defense. This isn’t getting enough discussion.

Who would’ve guessed that after 2 games, our defense is our clear weakest link?
Post #: 5115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 12:45:28 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Who would’ve guessed that after 2 games, our defense is our clear weakest unit?
Post #: 5116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 7:30:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Lots of new pieces and Barr makes a big difference....Arizona is a juggernaut and the Def had 1 return TD, a bunch of sacks, and a 2nd INT. Sometimes just like the KC/Balt game the defense can play well and give up a ton of points. There were three plays that frustrated me the most. Two on the Moore TD; Weatherly lost contain and the coverage was poor (but after 5 seconds of scrambling it happens). Then the int that bounced off a viking and went to Maxx Williams for a 1st down (25-30 yard play on 3rd down I believe)....you take those two plays away and with how explosive and efficient our Offense was; we would have held on.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 7:56:41 AM   
Brad H

Two minutes remaining, Vikings with the ball. No points. You can blame it on the coaches all you want, but a good quarterback goes down the field, in complete control of the offense, and punches it in. At some point you can't blame the play-calling on the coaches. He's been in the league long enough, and makes enough money, that he should be running the show. If he isn't calling the plays by now, it shows a lack of confidence from the coaching staff.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:03:11 AM   
Brad H

I was a bit surprised to hear on the broadcast that Kirk Cousins has just 16 game-winning drives in his career. The dude is in his 10th year in the league.

Russell Wilson came into the league the same year and has 31. Heck, Andy Dalton has 27. Jay Cutler had 28 in one more season. Derek Carr has 24 in two less seasons. Ryan Tannehill has 22 in one less year.

For a guy that makes $8-million more than Tom Brady, this kind of production is unacceptable.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2021 8:05:51 AM >

Post #: 5119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:08:55 AM   
ronhextall

Read this..

Zimmer has the second worst record against winning teams as a head coach in NFL history for coaches with 4+ years in. Trailing only Jay Gruden.

Vikings tickets on StubHub are the cheapest I have seen for the new stadium. The natives are getting restless for sure.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 9/20/2021 8:14:10 AM >
Post #: 5120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:19:07 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Two minutes remaining, Vikings with the ball. No points. You can blame it on the coaches all you want, but a good quarterback goes down the field, in complete control of the offense, and punches it in. At some point you can't blame the play-calling on the coaches. He's been in the league long enough, and makes enough money, that he should be running the show. If he isn't calling the plays by now, it shows a lack of confidence from the coaching staff.

Post #: 5121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:19:47 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I was a bit surprised to hear on the broadcast that Kirk Cousins has just 16 game-winning drives in his career. The dude is in his 10th year in the league.

Russell Wilson came into the league the same year and has 31. Heck, Andy Dalton has 27. Jay Cutler had 28 in one more season. Derek Carr has 24 in two less seasons. Ryan Tannehill has 22 in one less year.

For a guy that makes $8-million more than Tom Brady, this kind of production is unacceptable.

Post #: 5122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:21:56 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Not altogether surprising though. If you can't figure out how to run a modern NFL offense, it's pretty hard to scheme to stop one.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:23:19 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

You can put out all the warnings you want Mark. Some fish will still jump right in the boat.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 8:23:45 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Not altogether surprising though. If you can't figure out how to run a modern NFL offense, it's pretty hard to scheme to stop one.

A lot of truth to that statement.

Post #: 5125
Page:   <<   < prev  203 204 [205] 206 207   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  203 204 [205] 206 207   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode