Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:10:33 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Things we needed fixed during the off-season:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

It's starting to look as if we went 0-3 from January to September.

Oline and Defense played bad? I saw improvement in both yesterday.. Def returned an INT for a TD, stopped another drive with an INT, 3 sacks on Murray...I don't agree. Oline both run blocked and pass blocked well. A few mistakes on defense but even the broken coverage was due to Weatherly not holding contain. Arizona is an explosive team....Kirk, Moore, and DHOP plus AJ Green....not a weak sister offense.

Oline was opening gaping holes for Cook to run through. The guy that got 5 sacks last week had exactly 0 this week. Cousins had time to throw most of the day. I would say they played surprisingly well.

Defense needed some tackling lessons. Hunter is a stud again. Tracking down Murray is no easy task and he put him on the ground three times. Breeland is a waste of money. Vigil looks like a brilliant signing. Barr can go now. Peterson hardly has to cover cause Breeland is so bad. Blown coverages killed us a few times yesterday.

Kicker missed a xpt and a FG to win. The Vikings need to stop taking the Minnesota Twins approach to FA pitchers when it comes to kickers. Cards got Prater who can bang a 62 yarder at the half. We got can't make a chip shot to win it... No more bottom of the barrel signings. Get a REAL kicker.

Kirk Cousins can't run a two minute drill....wait. didn't he run a few of them pretty well in this game?

And a game tying effort last week. WTF is going on here,

Even though we haven't won yet we've been in both games. Despite some serious mental errors. I do think we can still turn this shit around.

If we can't Zimmer and Speilman must go.

It's hard to turn it around when your head coach is 2nd to only Jay Gruden on beating a team with a pulse though. He seems to always come up small. Very good post though!
Post #: 5201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:15:10 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Oline was opening gaping holes for Cook to run through. The guy that got 5 sacks last week had exactly 0 this week. Cousins had time to throw most of the day. I would say they played surprisingly well.

1st half.

Then Arizona adjusted and we didn't. Par for the course.

quote:

Kicker missed a xpt and a FG to win. The Vikings need to stop taking the Minnesota Twins approach to FA pitchers when it comes to kickers. Cards got Prater who can bang a 62 yarder at the half. We got can't make a chip shot to win it... No more bottom of the barrel signings. Get a REAL kicker.

Doesn't matter. Zimmer will ruin them.

He permanently broke Walsh. Luckily for Carlson we dumped him before irrevocable damage could be done. Bailey was the most accurate kicker in NFL history until Zimmer got a hold of him.
Post #: 5202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:17:00 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

1st half.

quote:

He permanently broke Walsh. Luckily for Carlson we dumped him before irrevocable damage could be done. Bailey was the most accurate kicker in NFL history until Zimmer got a hold of him.

Adjust or anticipate is not what we do.

We have an elite D and a superior rushing offense, that's why it's fine to play for field goals with a game manager QB. We run exactly what you know we're going to and dare you to stop us. We play Moneyball with the OL, knowing our QB can stand tough against pressure in his face or spin out and keep the play going.

Adjust??? To what??? This is working great!!!!
Post #: 5203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:21:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I was done with this bozo after 5-0 freefall
Post #: 5204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:30:40 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

If I were the Vikings I'd offer Cousins to Atlanta, Houston or Indianapolis for anything they can give. Those may be the only three franchises with a worse quarterback situation. You can also throw Miami into that mix.

They all are all in on the QBs they have already. You couldn't pick three worse teams. Atlanta pays Matt Ryan as much as Kirk, Houston has Deshaun, paid some money for Taylor (who actually is playing very well) and drafted Mills, and Indy just picked up Wentz's contract plus has a higher end QB they just drafted.

Miami has Tua and Brissett....another bad example.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/20/2021 1:35:08 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:34:09 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

Oline and Defense played bad? I saw improvement in both yesterday.. Def returned an INT for a TD, stopped another drive with an INT, 3 sacks on Murray...I don't agree. Oline both run blocked and pass blocked well. A few mistakes on defense but even the broken coverage was due to Weatherly not holding contain. Arizona is an explosive team....Kirk, Moore, and DHOP plus AJ Green....not a weak sister offense.

Defense needed some tackling lessons. Hunter is a stud again. Tracking down Murray is no easy task and he put him on the ground three times. Breeland is a waste of money. Vigil looks like a brilliant signing. Barr can go now. Peterson hardly has to cover cause Breeland is so bad. Blown coverages killed us a few times yesterday.

Kirk Cousins can't run a two minute drill....wait. didn't he run a few of them pretty well in this game?

Even though we haven't won yet we've been in both games. Despite some serious mental errors. I do think we can still turn this shit around.

It's hard to turn it around when your head coach is 2nd to only Jay Gruden on beating a team with a pulse though. He seems to always come up small. Very good post though!

Cincy and Arizona don't have a pulse? I totally disagree and plus they were road games that we had a chance to win at the end. It is like we were blown out in both games.

Post #: 5206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:46:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

Cincy and Arizona don't have a pulse? I totally disagree and plus they were road games that we had a chance to win at the end. It is like we were blown out in both games.

Arizona doesn't have a pulse?

38-13 vs the Titans who won their division and did pretty well in the playoffs last year. Lost little and added Julio Jones to an already potent offense.

Bengals barely lost to the Bears. (Bears D had a great day).

I wouldn't say either doesn't have a pulse.

The Vikings should have won week one. They should have won here. they were in it to the end both times.

We aren't losing 43-3.

We've been competitive.

I see some tweaking the Defense coming. ONe more chance for our K. and our offense was rolling early yesterday.

KJ Osborn has been a revelation. Dede Westbrook is unnecessary.

Cousins is leading successful two minute drills.

Our Oline held it's own and opened gaping holes for our run game this game. Early I thought Cook was going to pull a AD on them and run for nearly 300 yards at the rate he was going.

What killed us here was a lack of adaptation to what the Cards were doing and failures in the kicking game.

This game was winnable. as was Cincy.

Zimmer in firmly planted on the hot seat. as well he should be....but I wouldn't write this team off yet.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:53:36 PM   
ronhextall

Seahawks, Rams, Packers x 2, Steelers, 49ers, Chargers, Cowboys, Ravens, and Browns.

All in the Vikings future and why they really needed to win their first two games.

If Zimmer saves his job (assuming it takes 10-7), he will have earned it.
Post #: 5208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:56:34 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

I think you missed the context of the post you are responding to. Here you go:

"Zimmer has the second worst record against winning teams as a head coach in NFL history for coaches with 4+ years in. Trailing only Jay Gruden."
Post #: 5209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:57:16 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

1st half.

quote:

Adjust or anticipate is not what we do.

We have an elite D and a superior rushing offense, that's why it's fine to play for field goals with a game manager QB. We run exactly what you know we're going to and dare you to stop us. We play Moneyball with the OL, knowing our QB can stand tough against pressure in his face or spin out and keep the play going.

Adjust??? To what??? This is working great!!!!

In regards to us not adjusting or anticipating worth a darn - this is my favorite post of mine from the game day thread yesterday during the second half.

Earth to Vikings coaches - they’re keying on cook - to a fault! Play action you old wrinkly dicked dinosaurs!!!!!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:58:18 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Seahawks, Rams, Packers x 2, Steelers, 49ers, Chargers, Cowboys, Ravens, and Browns.

All in the Vikings future and why they really needed to win their first two games.

Good coaches find ways to win.

Zimmer hasn't done that consistently.

I want us to beat all these teams. and I think we can.

but it wont be easy.

But there are signs in these first two games that our team is better than the record indicates.

In the end I don't think Zimmer keeps his job.

But only time will tell.

As as for "earned it". I would expect nothing less. He NEEDS to earn it.

At this point I think he's on the edge of losing his lockeroom....and if that happens this season could go south very quickly.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 1:58:53 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

I must have missed the part where we won those 2 games. He has a terrible record against the good teams. I mean he's only 2nd worst all time among coaches that have been in the business for a few years!

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 9/20/2021 2:02:14 PM >
Post #: 5212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:03:20 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Good coaches find ways to win.

Zimmer hasn't done that consistently.

I want us to beat all these teams. and I think we can.

but it wont be easy.

But there are signs in these first two games that our team is better than the record indicates.

In the end I don't think Zimmer keeps his job.

But only time will tell.

As as for "earned it". I would expect nothing less. He NEEDS to earn it.

At this point I think he's on the edge of losing his lockeroom....and if that happens this season could go south very quickly.

Going 7-10 is going to be difficult at this point.
Post #: 5213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:11:46 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

I must have missed the part where we won those 2 games. He has a terrible record against the good teams. I mean he's only 2nd worst all time among coaches that have been in the business for a few years!

ALL TIME?

No

Just among the current coaches.

Post #: 5214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:26:05 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

ALL TIME?

No

2nd worst all time behind only Jay Gruden. This according to Twitter guy that researches the stuff.

Jay Gruden isn’t active and hasn’t been so he might be wrong but it’s All Time.

Twitter search “mime Zimmer Jay Gruden “ to see the tweet.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 9/20/2021 2:27:07 PM >
Post #: 5215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:27:12 PM   
thebigo

What are the indications that Zimmer is on the edge of losing his locker room?
Post #: 5216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:27:22 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) O-Line
2) Defense
3) Kicking Game

ALL TIME?

No

"Zimmer has the second worst record against winning teams as a head coach in NFL history for coaches with 4+ years in. Trailing only Jay Gruden."
Post #: 5217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:37:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

What are the indications that Zimmer is on the edge of losing his locker room?

It's my opinion.

But I do think not being able to convince team leaders to get vaccinated is the start of it. He already lacks some of the respect he needs.

Post #: 5218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:43:27 PM   
ronhextall

There is no point in firing a coach during the season unless you are trying to please the fan base.
Post #: 5219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 2:46:30 PM   
Trekgeekscott

I never said he should be fired during the season. I fully believe he should have all of this year to prove either it's time to move on or get extended.

The way things look now it is leaning towards the former.

Post #: 5220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 3:12:30 PM   
Brad H

quote:

There is no point in firing a coach during the season unless you are trying to please the fan base.

I see know problem in trying to please the fan base.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 5221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 3:30:53 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I never said he should be fired during the season. I fully believe he should have all of this year to prove either it's time to move on or get extended.

The way things look now it is leaning towards the former.

Agreed!
Post #: 5222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 3:35:20 PM   
Phil Riewer

I know we are 0-2 at this point but if we would have been 1-1 and beat Arizona in their house I would have considered it as firing on all cylinders....5-6 mistakes cost us the game with a missed kick the last.

The Cincy game was horribly played and we still almost pulled it off....if we didn't have bad luck in how both those games finished we wouldn't of had any at all. A missed 37 yard FG and a Fumble they couldn't overturn due to camera angle....are they fireable offenses on the road?

The Arizona game was entertaining as we played very well....the Cincy game was fireable if want to rate the product presented on the field.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/20/2021 3:36:51 PM >

Post #: 5223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 3:38:17 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I know we are 0-2 at this point but if we would have been 1-1 and beat Arizona in their house I would have considered it as firing on all cylinders....5-6 mistakes cost us the game with a missed kick the last.

The Cincy game was horribly played and we still almost pulled it off....if we didn't have bad luck in how both those games finished we wouldn't of had any at all. A missed 37 yard FG and a Fumble they couldn't overturn due to camera angle....are they fireable offenses on the road?

The Arizona game was entertaining as we played very well....the Cincy game was fireable if want to rate the product presented on the field.

Again, do you do this same pointless exercise after wins as well?
Post #: 5224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2021 3:40:20 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Again, do you do this same pointless exercise after wins as well?

Was it Parcells who said you are what your record says you are?
Post #: 5225
Page:   <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode