Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 9:25:07 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

In all seriousness I hope he's released within ten seconds after the validity of the charges are confirmed.

Sicks but no place on the team for douche bag abusers.

+1, Todd. You have to draw a "character" line somewhere. No tolerance for spouse/girlfriend abusers.

Why not suspend him for a year or two and help him deal with his issues? Why is the choice always, "Forgive, because he's a rare athlete (and it was probably her fault), or throw him away with the trash"? There are human beings involved here.
Post #: 1426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 9:38:10 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

In all seriousness I hope he's released within ten seconds after the validity of the charges are confirmed.

Sicks but no place on the team for douche bag abusers.

+1, Todd. You have to draw a "character" line somewhere. No tolerance for spouse/girlfriend abusers.

Why not suspend him for a year or two and help him deal with his issues? Why is the choice always, "Forgive, because he's a rare athlete (and it was probably her fault), or throw him away with the trash"? There are human beings involved here.

Very interesting conversation given that most in here were just fine with keeping around a certain running back who beat his kid with a stick.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 9:44:17 AM   
David F.

Let’s see what kind of prison time he gets before we start to try and reform him.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 9:57:48 AM   
bohumm

quote:

Let’s see what kind of prison time he gets before we start to try and reform him.

Even more reason to try to get him help in-situ instead of throwing him away like trash. Support him through the process and make roster/status decisions as indicated.
Post #: 1429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 10:08:47 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Even more reason to try to get him help in-situ instead of throwing him away like trash. Support him through the process and make roster/status decisions as indicated.

His sentence will include a ton of reformative programs. I'm not trying to be an insensitive ass here. The NFL is one of the worst possible systems for helping players with mental health issues and/or violence against women issues. They simply are not equipped for it and the teams would never allow a player to focus on anything other than football. Gladney may very well come out of this a better person some time down the road but it won't happen if he stays in the NFL.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 10:32:01 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Let's see what happens with the case before we start to get into prison time.
Post #: 1431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 10:42:41 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Let's see what happens with the case before we start to get into prison time.

The premise was if it was found there was validity to the charges.

Post #: 1432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 10:48:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Jeff Gladney....potential idiot. Arrested for 3rd degree felony family violence assault....

And the hits just keep on comin'...

Disgusting, and that is ignoring that this is probably a play on words on your part.

It looks like a young woman and a young man (Gladney) are in the midst of a cataclysmic event in their lives, and you're thinking about the impact on the Vikings. Not surprising, but still kind of shocking.

OK, let us know when they are not in the midst of a cataclysmic event so we can post about the impact to the Vikings on, you know, a Vikings message board. I'm thinking six months, maybe a year.
Post #: 1433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 11:04:24 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Jeff Gladney....potential idiot. Arrested for 3rd degree felony family violence assault....

Disgusting, and that is ignoring that this is probably a play on words on your part.

It looks like a young woman and a young man (Gladney) are in the midst of a cataclysmic event in their lives, and you're thinking about the impact on the Vikings. Not surprising, but still kind of shocking.

OK, let us know when they are not in the midst of a cataclysmic event so we can post about the impact to the Vikings on, you know, a Vikings message board. I'm thinking six months, maybe a year.

It shouldn't be the first, second, or third reaction, Bill. And it's definitely not fodder for snark.
Post #: 1434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 11:13:50 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Since it's his first offense and he for sure will have good legal representation, I would expect a suspended sentence with some probation contingent on getting counseling and doing community service. The league will probably suspend him for one season. As for his relationship with the Vikings, I simply don't expect him to play for the Purple again, but I'm not as sure as I was yesterday. Obviously that's not up to us.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 11:37:40 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 11:45:20 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Since it's his first offense and he for sure will have good legal representation, I would expect a suspended sentence with some probation contingent on getting counseling and doing community service. The league will probably suspend him for one season. As for his relationship with the Vikings, I simply don't expect him to play for the Purple again, but I'm not as sure as I was yesterday. Obviously that's not up to us.

Sounds about right. Let's take time to digest the end results before stoning Gladney in the town square.

Keep in mind the incident with DeAndre Baker recently. While I don't have all the details handy NYG cut him because it looked really bad. But it turned out to be a hoax of sorts and Baker was acquitted and signed by a new team. He was also a 1st rd pick and NYG was left paying off dead cap.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 11:49:09 AM   
David F.

The premise was if it was found there was validity to the charges.

Post #: 1438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 12:21:11 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

You read it that way, huh? Aren't you an angel.
Post #: 1439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 12:22:32 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

His sentence will include a ton of reformative programs. I'm not trying to be an insensitive ass here. The NFL is one of the worst possible systems for helping players with mental health issues and/or violence against women issues. They simply are not equipped for it and the teams would never allow a player to focus on anything other than football. Gladney may very well come out of this a better person some time down the road but it won't happen if he stays in the NFL.

I understand, but the NFL and to varying extents other sports leagues need to get better at this kind of stuff. Not only can they help change the dialogue around this stuff in public, but they are uniquely positioned to support players as they move through difficulties in their lives. There may be other entities involved as well, such as the criminal justice system, but let's look at these guys as human beings.

I have a very good friend who beat up several women, one badly, and went on to get help and subsequently help men and women dealing with domestic violence. He was punished and underwent a process of change in which he needed support, and eventually he was able to support others.

We can't just throw people away when their utility to us bottoms out.
Post #: 1440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 12:26:02 PM  2 votes
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You have a history of misogynistic statements on these boards as well as a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault. I'd venture you were being your usually snarky self here, but if not I'll reiterate that I your post was disgusting even without the play on words.
Post #: 1441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 12:53:18 PM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You have a history of misogynistic statements on these boards as well as a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault. I'd venture you were being your usually snarky self here, but if not I'll reiterate that I your post was disgusting even without the play on words.

For an intelligent guy, you sure are an idiot. "a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault". You are also a lying ****ing asshole.
Post #: 1442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 12:59:23 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I understand, but the NFL and to varying extents other sports leagues need to get better at this kind of stuff. Not only can they help change the dialogue around this stuff in public, but they are uniquely positioned to support players as they move through difficulties in their lives. There may be other entities involved as well, such as the criminal justice system, but let's look at these guys as human beings.

I have a very good friend who beat up several women, one badly, and went on to get help and subsequently help men and women dealing with domestic violence. He was punished and underwent a process of change in which he needed support, and eventually he was able to support others.

Just because someone isn't in the NFL anymore doesn't mean they've been 'thrown away'. There's so much more to a person than simply what they do for a living. I'm saying that if reform is what we're looking for the NFL is a terrible place to find it.

Post #: 1443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:12:03 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just because someone isn't in the NFL anymore doesn't mean they've been 'thrown away'. There's so much more to a person than simply what they do for a living. I'm saying that if reform is what we're looking for the NFL is a terrible place to find it.

It's fair to ask them to do better, and it's an environment they're used to (though, to your previous point, that's also a detriment). If we're going to change our society, we have to expect those positioned to do so to do better, especially when they're as well resourced as the NFL.
Post #: 1444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:13:52 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For an intelligent guy, you sure are an idiot. "a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault". You are also a lying ****ing asshole.

You didn't support Trump? You were quite vocal about it, because of the public safety issues around the rioting post George Floyd murder. Apparently, grabbing people by the pussy isn't a public safety issue to you....
Post #: 1445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:31:14 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You didn't support Trump? You were quite vocal about it, because of the public safety issues around the rioting post George Floyd murder. Apparently, grabbing people by the pussy isn't a public safety issue to you....

If you're going to make it political, plenty of prominent Democrats have their own issues.
Post #: 1446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:36:15 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow, that was a reach...
Post #: 1447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:44:26 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow, that was a reach...

Goes to support the claim of misogyny, your honor.
Post #: 1448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:46:21 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you're going to make it political, plenty of prominent Democrats have their own issues.

That's true, but here we're talking about a specific situation, a specific poster, and specific candidate. But I'm sure "both sides" can be crammed in there somehow.
Post #: 1449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 2:49:03 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's true, but here we're talking about a specific situation, a specific poster, and specific candidate. But I'm sure "both sides" can be crammed in there somehow.

By extension, 74 million Americans have a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault. And if you believe Tara Reade, make that 155 million.
Post #: 1450
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode