Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 3:16:33 PM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Jeff Gladney....potential idiot. Arrested for 3rd degree felony family violence assault....

And the hits just keep on comin'...

Disgusting, and that is ignoring that this is probably a play on words on your part.

It looks like a young woman and a young man (Gladney) are in the midst of a cataclysmic event in their lives, and you're thinking about the impact on the Vikings. Not surprising, but still kind of shocking.

You read it that way, huh? Aren't you an angel.

You have a history of misogynistic statements on these boards as well as a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault. I'd venture you were being your usually snarky self here, but if not I'll reiterate that I your post was disgusting even without the play on words.

For an intelligent guy, you sure are an idiot. "a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault". You are also a lying ****ing asshole.

You didn't support Trump? You were quite vocal about it, because of the public safety issues around the rioting post George Floyd murder. Apparently, grabbing people by the pussy isn't a public safety issue to you....

If you're going to make it political, plenty of prominent Democrats have their own issues.

That's true, but here we're talking about a specific situation, a specific poster, and specific candidate. But I'm sure "both sides" can be crammed in there somehow.

By extension, 74 million Americans have a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault. And if you believe Tara Reade, make that 155 million.

Yup.
Post #: 1451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 3:46:04 PM   
fmaltes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Since it's his first offense and he for sure will have good legal representation, I would expect a suspended sentence with some probation contingent on getting counseling and doing community service. The league will probably suspend him for one season. As for his relationship with the Vikings, I simply don't expect him to play for the Purple again, but I'm not as sure as I was yesterday. Obviously that's not up to us.

I agree this is a likely scenario. Personally, I think suspending athletes without pay or kicking the out of the league may really hurt the victims of crimes more since the only meaningful remedy for the victims is money. I'd like to have the NFL provide a remedy outside civil or criminal court where a victim could present their case to the NFL and be given financial compensation for the bad behavior of the players. The player could be suspended with pay. This way, the team suffers a consequence, but the pay is provided to the victim, not the player. Also, both teams and players might think twice about this type of behavior if they knew that they can't rely on the cumbersome civil/criminal system. Of course, if a player is found guilty of a criminal act they should pay that sentence. The current system really protects teams and the NFL mostly rather than helping/protecting the victims.
Post #: 1452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 3:46:35 PM   
fmaltes

quote:

Since it's his first offense and he for sure will have good legal representation, I would expect a suspended sentence with some probation contingent on getting counseling and doing community service. The league will probably suspend him for one season. As for his relationship with the Vikings, I simply don't expect him to play for the Purple again, but I'm not as sure as I was yesterday. Obviously that's not up to us.
Post #: 1453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 3:47:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Ouch. None of us are feeling good after the news of Gladney. Right now the free agency activity is really slow and with still about three weeks and change yet to go we are pretty wore out with the analysis of the draft.

Of course the political situation is about as ugly as it can get. I'm not innocent of getting caught up into it and that's one reason I cut my cable for this year because it feels like I get angry with it all and anger never does any good resolving issues. Nevertheless, I'm not burying my head in sand and can see that Major League Baseball is getting involved in political disputes and also a number of major corporations and business leaders too. It seems really dumb to get a business involved in political disputes to me. That's not good business. Specifically for me I have sought refuge in my being a fan of football to get away from all of that, but then even watching football I see players making political statements by kneeling before the flag, etc.

If I can make a suggestion, sometimes it's good to find other diversions. For me, I have enjoyed watching Asian dramas (mostly Korean) but even there I have taken a break. What I am doing now is watching episodes of the series 24 via streaming. I thought I saw them all and maybe I did, but I am amazed with myself as I watch that I remember next to none of it. It's a series about good vs evil, but sometimes I'm amazed how much evil there is. Politics is probably a reflection of that- of how much evil there is in the world. It can not help but get ugly. And although I love the grace and beauty of the game of football and am often amazed at the mind and body unity of the players, we all have to know that they are not all saints. Some of them are and I love it when I see players take advantage of their wealth and fame to serve their community for noble causes- especially when they are not political.

I guess I am rambling and sorry for talking about something other than "General Vikes Talk". But if I can make my main point, it's that if some of you are getting upset about whatever, maybe it's good to take a break and find another diversion for awhile. I have done that on a number of occasions and have always gravitated back to here because I love the Vikings and I appreciate that I have someone to share that love with.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 4:38:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

More evidence that we had the worst interior offensive line in the history of the NFL and it's not even close. Here Bradbury and Dozier look like the two stooges.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1322967285066354689?s=20

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 4:40:45 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

quote:

I agree this is a likely scenario. Personally, I think suspending athletes without pay or kicking the out of the league may really hurt the victims of crimes more since the only meaningful remedy for the victims is money. I'd like to have the NFL provide a remedy outside civil or criminal court where a victim could present their case to the NFL and be given financial compensation for the bad behavior of the players. The player could be suspended with pay. This way, the team suffers a consequence, but the pay is provided to the victim, not the player. Also, both teams and players might think twice about this type of behavior if they knew that they can't rely on the cumbersome civil/criminal system. Of course, if a player is found guilty of a criminal act they should pay that sentence. The current system really protects teams and the NFL mostly rather than helping/protecting the victims.

Opening pandora's box

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 4:48:15 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

More evidence that we had the worst interior offensive line in the history of the NFL and it's not even close. Here Bradbury and Dozier look like the two stooges.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1322967285066354689?s=20

Pure lack of wanting to do your job. this is a screen pass of sorts and both Dozier and Bradbury look like the play has ended or just finished their Sunday morning jog. Just a complete lack of drive/awareness. That kind of lack of effort should not be tolerated by the coaches or team mates.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/6/2021 7:56:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Jeff Gladney....potential idiot. Arrested for 3rd degree felony family violence assault....

Disgusting, and that is ignoring that this is probably a play on words on your part.

It looks like a young woman and a young man (Gladney) are in the midst of a cataclysmic event in their lives, and you're thinking about the impact on the Vikings. Not surprising, but still kind of shocking.

You have a history of misogynistic statements on these boards as well as a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault. I'd venture you were being your usually snarky self here, but if not I'll reiterate that I your post was disgusting even without the play on words.

For an intelligent guy, you sure are an idiot. "a history of supporting known perpetrators of sexual assault". You are also a lying ****ing asshole.

You didn't support Trump? You were quite vocal about it, because of the public safety issues around the rioting post George Floyd murder. Apparently, grabbing people by the pussy isn't a public safety issue to you....

Where's Dan Young when you need him?
Post #: 1458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 4:31:16 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i read this and i sense that he might walk away from it....

Citing anonymous sources and an arrest affidavit, CBS 11 reported that Gladney became upset over the woman's text messages and tried "shoving" her face toward her phone to try to use its Face ID to unlock the phone, "pulling [her] by her hair trying to hold her still."

According to the TV report, the woman, who said she was in a relationship with Gladney, accused him of striking her "with closed fists, causing pain in the side of her ribs, in the stomach and the back, and hitting her with an open hand across the head."

No charges have yet been filed in the case.
....startribune

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 7:16:22 AM  2 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This time of year, I rarely read this board...
Nothing here has any connection to the reality that Zimmer and Spielman will fk up the draft, again.

Is Gladney an idiot for losing his temper over a woman and text messages, yes

Is he an idiot, yes

Did Big O vote for trump? iDK.. nor does it even matter..

Someone claims he has a “history” of misogynistic posts...that’s a freaking reach...

If you were offended by the apparent play on words “ hits just keep on coming”... I suggest you go back and rediscover your own posts about other players and violence on and off the field.

Snowflakes are out of season, unless you want to move into northern Canada, or southern Argentina...

There is no excuse for the idiocy of 20 somethings resorting to violence over jealousy.

Gladney is an idiot.

He has the ability to move on,if his current GF doesn’t meet his expectations.

But he obviously lets his penis run his life, like most 20 something boys..

He lacks the maturity and wisdom to be considered a man.

He is a dicbrained boy child.

Plus, he ain’t that great at his job..

His kind of overage has a long way to go to be even in the same zip code as “shutdown”

Given how badly the entire board jumped all over other players for domestic violence, losing Gladney would just move him to some less picky team..

The fact that people can not keep their personal politics out of sports threads just shows me that they are cowards hiding from the real discussions, and taking drive by swipes at others in a chickensht manner.

Have some balls.

Either man up and stand on your principles, or take your snowflake snarky whine to the place it belongs..

People like to claim that “I” drive posters away...

Well, I am not alone.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 4/7/2021 7:17:51 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 7:44:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

So you mean like you, (the one with the Balls) Dan & Bill that just sniped me in the Political thread? Glad you kept it there so you can look in the mirror. Your politics don't belong in this thread....right or wrong in your mind.

Practice what you preach brother (poster with balls HAHA)....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 9:00:06 AM   
bohumm

Politics, crime, injustice, and sports collide all the time, and sometimes it involves the Vikings. The Vikings' world involves more than roster spots and advanced metrics; sorry to be the one to bring it out. I'm done here, but everyone here knows, whether they acknowledge it or not, that we have big problems with violence, misogyny, and race, and they intersect with sports and our Vikings regularly, and will continue to do so.
Post #: 1462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 9:05:40 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nothing here has any connection to the reality that Zimmer and Spielman will fk up the draft, again.

Is he an idiot, yes

Someone claims he has a “history” of misogynistic posts...that’s a freaking reach...

If you were offended by the apparent play on words “ hits just keep on coming”... I suggest you go back and rediscover your own posts about other players and violence on and off the field.

Snowflakes are out of season, unless you want to move into northern Canada, or southern Argentina...

There is no excuse for the idiocy of 20 somethings resorting to violence over jealousy.

Gladney is an idiot.

His kind of overage has a long way to go to be even in the same zip code as “shutdown”

Given how badly the entire board jumped all over other players for domestic violence, losing Gladney would just move him to some less picky team..

The fact that people can not keep their personal politics out of sports threads just shows me that they are cowards hiding from the real discussions, and taking drive by swipes at others in a chickensht manner.

Have some balls.

Either man up and stand on your principles, or take your snowflake snarky whine to the place it belongs..

Well, I am not alone.

Sorry I called out an ugly post; obviously you'd never do something like that.....
Post #: 1463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 12:35:08 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is he an idiot, yes

Gladney is an idiot.

Have some balls.

Well, I am not alone.

When I mentioned some politics that you didn't agree with(month or 2 ago), you told me to take to the politics thread. I passed on that idea and asked you to PM your thoughts on the subject.

Still waiting for that PM. What's wrong with some 1 on 1 conversation? Do you need the Liberal gang in the Politics Thread to come to your aid if we disagree on something?
Post #: 1464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/7/2021 8:18:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I invited someone to join our conversation here at talk vikes. My experience is that people say they will, but don't. Regardless, I hope that we don't scare people off with the, what should I say, emotions that sometimes run high here.

There are talk groups on Facebook dedicated to the Vikings. They don't hold a candle to here. That's my humble opinion, but I guess I'm biased.

Peace to everyone and may God bless you all.

Post #: 1465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 8:15:33 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

When I mentioned some politics that you didn't agree with(month or 2 ago), you told me to take to the politics thread. I passed on that idea and asked you to PM your thoughts on the subject.

Still waiting for that PM. What's wrong with some 1 on 1 conversation? Do you need the Liberal gang in the Politics Thread to come to your aid if we disagree on something?

If you want to start a pm discussion with me, have at it..

I honestly don’t even remember what the alleged politics was about that I suggested be taken to the politics thread.

My point is this.

These sports related threads get hijacked all the time, by lots of things, but nothing is more divisive and polarizing than politics or religion, except maybe expectations of player performance or personal behavior.

The former topics have a place to be addressed, but it is not here, the latter are fair game in these types of discussion forums.

You know very well I do not need anyone ”help” with stating and/or defending my opinion.

The implication that I need “ other liberals” to make me feel secure is just a bit passive aggressive disrespectful.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 9:06:07 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

If you want to start a pm discussion with me, have at it..

I honestly don’t even remember what the alleged politics was about that I suggested be taken to the politics thread.

My point is this.

These sports related threads get hijacked all the time, by lots of things, but nothing is more divisive and polarizing than politics or religion, except maybe expectations of player performance or personal behavior.

The former topics have a place to be addressed, but it is not here, the latter are fair game in these types of discussion forums.

You know very well I do not need anyone ”help” with stating and/or defending my opinion.

The implication that I need “ other liberals” to make me feel secure is just a bit passive aggressive disrespectful.

Things intersect sometimes, though, and politics (in this case, the politics of misogyny) become more germane. Especially when the misogyny comes first, spontaneously.
Post #: 1467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 1:15:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And to think, he was striving for sainthood. Merit badge kind of thing: You will do everything in power, including insults, to stop people from posting about the employment aspects of a guy charged with beating up his girlfriend. You will actively police the sports boards until their "cataclysmic" events are over (just guess when).

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/8/2021 1:59:28 PM >
Post #: 1468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 1:18:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow, that was a reach...

I am left leaning to say the least but wholeheartedly agree with your take. WOW!
Post #: 1469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 1:51:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

So you mean like you, (the one with the Balls) Dan & Bill that just sniped me in the Political thread? Glad you kept it there so you can look in the mirror. Your politics don't belong in this thread....right or wrong in your mind.

Practice what you preach brother (poster with balls HAHA)....

Uh, actually YOU had "just" (as of the time of your post above) replied to a post of mine from five days prior. It was full of name-calling and whatnot, and I didn't bother replying. So in short, no I hadn't just sniped you. Try to keep things straight.

And the term snipe insinuates there is some level of effort or skill involved on my, or anyone's, part. Your posts are so whacked and out there, that pretty much anyone can hit one out of the park replying to you while being half asleep. As you are well aware, several posters have said your fringe posts take less than 5 minutes of googling to provide a mountain of evidence that shoots down your latest conspiracy, falsehood, and conjecture-filled cockamamy story.
Post #: 1470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 1:57:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Politics, crime, injustice, and sports collide all the time, and sometimes it involves the Vikings. The Vikings' world involves more than roster spots and advanced metrics; sorry to be the one to bring it out. I'm done here, but everyone here knows, whether they acknowledge it or not, that we have big problems with violence, misogyny, and race, and they intersect with sports and our Vikings regularly, and will continue to do so.

Putting aside your emotion about misogyny, does that mean we can now talk, err actually merely "think" (!) about the Vikings cornerback position? Or are Gladney and that woman still traumatized? I did say it could be six months minimum before they came out of it, thereby allowing us to post freely and without guilt. Around week 5 of the season.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/8/2021 2:15:37 PM >
Post #: 1471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 2:06:20 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Good thing they got Mac back, and Pat Pete.

Awful if true

Hughes gets another chance.

But, Incognito, Tyreek Hill and Mixon are playing in the NFL so who knows what will come of this.

Yeah good call Mark, it may have to be Hughes.

He had quite a bit of promise before he didn’t through injury.

has holton hill burned his bridge?...why is he still a free agent?....vet minimum, perhaps...draft a cb in the 3rd/4th, for sure....

If it's a cannabis bridge, he probably has....and scraped for resin.

Scraped for resin! Ha, ha, good one.

I see you are quite selective about who you hope can be treated "as a human" and who you can "dismiss" and post wisecracks about. Or as you said, "We can't just throw people away when their utility to us bottoms out."

LMAO! Stay off your high horse, and your false bottomed soapbox.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/8/2021 2:14:38 PM >
Post #: 1472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 2:16:01 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awful if true

But, Incognito, Tyreek Hill and Mixon are playing in the NFL so who knows what will come of this.

has holton hill burned his bridge?...why is he still a free agent?....vet minimum, perhaps...draft a cb in the 3rd/4th, for sure....

I see you are pretty selective about who you hope can be treated and who you can post wisecracks about.

Reacting to someone who has spent a few years smoking himself out of the league and an instant reaction to domestic violence of "This hurts our CB room" (along with snark about "hits") seem pretty different to me. And I say this as someone who spent the early part of his life smoking himself out of....life.
Post #: 1473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 2:19:12 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awful if true

I see you are quite selective about who you hope can be treated "as a human" and who you can "dismiss" and post wisecracks about. Or as you said, "We can't just throw people away when their utility to us bottoms out."

So you edited this after I responded. I have gotten a lot of pushback over the years about saying the same things I said about Gladney about players with DUIs and weed offenses: Help them in-situ. Keep them around. Try to get them help and support them.

So, no, not false bottomed.
Post #: 1474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:09:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awful if true

So you edited this after I responded. I have gotten a lot of pushback over the years about saying the same things I said about Gladney about players with DUIs and weed offenses: Help them in-situ. Keep them around. Try to get them help and support them.

So, no, not false bottomed.

I may have edited after you responded but didn't see your post nor change the premise.

So you do your thing and others will do theirs. I submit people posting what they want on a sports message board about any player is ok as it doesn't change the players/victims world one iota. It certainly doesn't mean you get carte blanche to lecture posters as if you are on some higher moral ground. Want to help Gladney and that woman? Go visit them and offer your assistance.
Post #: 1475
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode