Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:13:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

So you mean like you, (the one with the Balls) Dan & Bill that just sniped me in the Political thread? Glad you kept it there so you can look in the mirror. Your politics don't belong in this thread....right or wrong in your mind.

Practice what you preach brother (poster with balls HAHA)....

Uh, actually YOU had "just" (as of the time of your post above) replied to a post of mine from five days prior. It was full of name-calling and whatnot, and I didn't bother replying. So in short, no I hadn't just sniped you. Try to keep things straight.

And the term snipe insinuates there is some level of effort or skill involved on my, or anyone's, part. Your posts are so whacked and out there, that pretty much anyone can hit one out of the park replying to you while being half asleep. As you are well aware, several posters have said your fringe posts take less than 5 minutes of googling to provide a mountain of evidence that shoots down your latest conspiracy, falsehood, and conjecture-filled cockamamy story.

Get a clue Bill. You know exactly why you and Dan put my name in on that post....no one wants to engage your dumb ass in that thread when you are in your mood. That is what you were sniping about....admit it. You are the whacked one. I wasn't even posting in the thread and you and Dan are throwing my name out. I guess calling it a snipe was giving you too much credit for being in a dumb ass mood.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:15:40 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Is there a General Vikes thread around here somewhere?

I can't seem to find it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:22:05 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

So you mean like you, (the one with the Balls) Dan & Bill that just sniped me in the Political thread? Glad you kept it there so you can look in the mirror. Your politics don't belong in this thread....right or wrong in your mind.

Uh, actually YOU had "just" (as of the time of your post above) replied to a post of mine from five days prior. It was full of name-calling and whatnot, and I didn't bother replying. So in short, no I hadn't just sniped you. Try to keep things straight.

And the term snipe insinuates there is some level of effort or skill involved on my, or anyone's, part. Your posts are so whacked and out there, that pretty much anyone can hit one out of the park replying to you while being half asleep. As you are well aware, several posters have said your fringe posts take less than 5 minutes of googling to provide a mountain of evidence that shoots down your latest conspiracy, falsehood, and conjecture-filled cockamamy story.

Get a clue Bill. You know exactly why you and Dan put my name in on that post....no one wants to engage your dumb ass in that thread when you are in your mood. That is what you were sniping about....admit it. You are the whacked one. I wasn't even posting in the thread and you and Dan are throwing my name out. I guess calling it a snipe was giving you too much credit for being in a dumb ass mood.

Angry Phil, Biden must have done something good for the country. Why did you bring all that up here in the General Vikings section?

For the good of the board I'm taking it to the politics thread.
Post #: 1478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:31:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I can't seem to find it.

I've, uh, 'guided' Phil back to the politics thread Carry on.
Post #: 1479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:38:59 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I can't seem to find it.

I've, uh, 'guided' Phil back to the politics thread Carry on.

Everyone already knows the truth about you Bill...you spread your joy everywhere.

Post #: 1480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/8/2021 3:47:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

And how about that offensive line!

Trade down then up, pick Slater for G, and get a G in the second round.
Post #: 1481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/9/2021 7:57:35 AM   
Bill Johanesen

The finals are here!

Pony Soldiers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyi_sD02EMM

vs.

The Raiders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0pfBZGBSys
Post #: 1482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/9/2021 11:49:47 AM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Angry Phil, Biden must have done something good for the country. Why did you bring all that up here in the General Vikings section?

No we are still waiting on the disaster to do anything good. Finishing a complete sentence is all we can hope for.

Any word on the Baltimore tackle? He's still sitting out there and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings use future picks on him, if they can agree to an extension. If the Vikes don't do well this season, the FO will have no further use for those picks anyway. I just have not heard much on him lately, I would have to think Baltimore may be interested in moving him. If thats the case I'd be thrilled to go DE first round and pick up a guard in the third.
Post #: 1483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/9/2021 12:32:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No we are still waiting on the disaster to do anything good. Finishing a complete sentence is all we can hope for.

Any word on the Baltimore tackle? He's still sitting out there and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings use future picks on him, if they can agree to an extension. If the Vikes don't do well this season, the FO will have no further use for those picks anyway. I just have not heard much on him lately, I would have to think Baltimore may be interested in moving him. If thats the case I'd be thrilled to go DE first round and pick up a guard in the third.

Yes, it makes one look back fondly, dare I say wistfully, at the endless midnight rampages of psychopathic tweets. Now THOSE were complete sentences!

Baltimore tackle, pass.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 4/9/2021 12:33:40 PM >
Post #: 1484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/9/2021 4:08:36 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

You can always tell who took the “ filthy” stim money and put it towards a lifetime subscription to republitard daily, aka, Fox News, my pillow magazine and the lifetime preorder of Trumpwitter social media platform...

Probably sent a few recurring “ defense fund” contributions to the black hole fundraising website as well..

Since we can all agree that politics belongs everywhere, all the time..

Have at it Phil...

Tell us wher those true count servers went?

Phil....

Hey, Phil...

Phil...

Phil!!

Can I type Phil?

Do you have a copyright, Phil?

What Phil website do I apply for permissions at?

Phil?

Ahahahahahahaha

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/9/2021 4:38:52 PM   
Pauldiercks1

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never pick the dumbest of it’s kind to lead them.

But on topic I’d have to say the Baltimore tackle would be far better than Cleveland or anything we have now. Simply if no other reason than the Vikings didn’t select him and have yet to work with him.

< Message edited by Pauldiercks1 -- 4/9/2021 4:40:03 PM >
Post #: 1486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2021 6:16:16 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This surprised me.

I think Gladney will be the best corner on the roster by 2022
(Nick Olson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2021 2:13:57 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never pick the dumbest of it’s kind to lead them.

But on topic I’d have to say the Baltimore tackle would be far better than Cleveland or anything we have now. Simply if no other reason than the Vikings didn’t select him and have yet to work with him.

Animals don't actually pick their leaders. Their leaders are asserted by brute force, in most cases. If said brute force leader is also the dumbest, so be it.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 4/10/2021 2:15:22 PM >
Post #: 1488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/13/2021 4:59:15 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Another really well written article. Must reading.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/general-news/the-vikings-o-line-philosophy-has-been-flawed-since-the-beginning

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/13/2021 10:36:01 PM   
marty

EXCELLENT article Bruce.

< Message edited by marty -- 5/4/2021 9:11:43 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/13/2021 10:39:09 PM   
marty

Just watched a YouTube video partial replay of a 1990s game with Washington/Dallas.

Washington was given possession after getting a supposed INT where the ball hit the ground. I am thankful we now have replay challenges, just wish it were implemented differently.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/14/2021 2:53:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

Congratulations to Andre Patterson of the #Vikings, who now has three titles. Assistant head coach has been added to co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. The type size on his new business card might now need to be smaller.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 4/14/2021 2:54:51 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/14/2021 3:33:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

“I’ll be completely honest with you,” Pierce said Wednesday in a 33-minute Zoom interview with the media. “There were, for sure, many times where I would say, ‘Dang, I could’ve been out there.’ When we made the decision, there wasn’t a ton of science behind everything. … As the weeks went on and the NFL got more adept with dealing with the COVID situation, I for sure regretted (opting out) to an extent. … From a personal standpoint, I do feel responsible about some of the stuff that happened last year.”

But Pierce believes things are looking up now for Minnesota’s retooled defense. After his year away, Pierce came to the TCO Performance Center in Eagan this week to meet with team officials and coaches. He said Mike Zimmer has been “super supportive,” and that he gave his head coach a hug.

“They wanted to show me the love that they’ve shown to everybody else that they brought in through free agency, even though they signed me last year,” said Pierce, who signed a three-year, $27 million contract in March 2020 that has been pushed back one year and now runs through 2023. “I’ve literally walked the whole campus, got to see the (Vikings) museum, everything, got to meet each and every person. … For me, it was about proving I’m going to be the player and person they expect me to be.”

Pierce conducted a workout and believes he impressed team officials and coaches, including assistant head coach Andre Patterson, who is also co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. The 6-foot Pierce had some weight issues when he played for Baltimore from 2016-19 but said he’s now in “great shape” after hiring a nutritionist and working regularly with a trainer.

“I am 341 (pounds) today,” said Pierce, who said he is fully vaccinated after getting his second Pfizer shot two weeks ago. “I played around 350 in Baltimore but I’ve gotten as low as 335. But, as far as me playing-wise, I like to keep it around there. …. My body fat is lower at 341 than it has ever been … I’m ready to roll.”

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/4/2021 12:16:00 AM   
thebigo

When do OTAs start?
Post #: 1494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/4/2021 9:35:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

Vikings decline 5th year option on Mike Hughes.

Post #: 1495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/4/2021 9:50:32 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Vikings decline 5th year option on Mike Hughes.

No surprise here. They guy can't stay on the field. Always hurt. they aren't going to commit to paying someone like that. they can always negotiate a new deal if he shines and stays healthy this year, but if he gets hurt again they can cut ties with no detriment

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/4/2021 10:12:15 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

“I’ll be completely honest with you,” Pierce said Wednesday in a 33-minute Zoom interview with the media. “There were, for sure, many times where I would say, ‘Dang, I could’ve been out there.’ When we made the decision, there wasn’t a ton of science behind everything. … As the weeks went on and the NFL got more adept with dealing with the COVID situation, I for sure regretted (opting out) to an extent. … From a personal standpoint, I do feel responsible about some of the stuff that happened last year.”

But Pierce believes things are looking up now for Minnesota’s retooled defense. After his year away, Pierce came to the TCO Performance Center in Eagan this week to meet with team officials and coaches. He said Mike Zimmer has been “super supportive,” and that he gave his head coach a hug.

“They wanted to show me the love that they’ve shown to everybody else that they brought in through free agency, even though they signed me last year,” said Pierce, who signed a three-year, $27 million contract in March 2020 that has been pushed back one year and now runs through 2023. “I’ve literally walked the whole campus, got to see the (Vikings) museum, everything, got to meet each and every person. … For me, it was about proving I’m going to be the player and person they expect me to be.”

Pierce conducted a workout and believes he impressed team officials and coaches, including assistant head coach Andre Patterson, who is also co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. The 6-foot Pierce had some weight issues when he played for Baltimore from 2016-19 but said he’s now in “great shape” after hiring a nutritionist and working regularly with a trainer.

“I am 341 (pounds) today,” said Pierce, who said he is fully vaccinated after getting his second Pfizer shot two weeks ago. “I played around 350 in Baltimore but I’ve gotten as low as 335. But, as far as me playing-wise, I like to keep it around there. …. My body fat is lower at 341 than it has ever been … I’m ready to roll.”

Pierce coming in for this season could be a huge difference maker. It sounds like he kept in shape during his opt out year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/4/2021 4:19:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

Ouch:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
13m
Broncos' OT Ja'Wuan James suffered a season-ending torn Achilles working out today away from the team facility, per sources. James' $10 million salary for the upcoming season now is in jeopardy being that Denver no longer is obligated to pay him with him working out off site.

Reiff signed with someone too early?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/4/2021 4:34:43 PM >

Post #: 1498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/4/2021 5:04:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

One of the biggest haters of Kirk Cousins:

Phil Mackey
@PhilMackey
·
21m
This discussion w/
@PFF_Eric
was a blast today.

Did the Vikings find their 2022 Week 1 starter in Kellen Mond? We dove into every angle!
Quote Tweet
SKOR North
@SKORNorth
· 2h
Is Kellen Mond the steal of the NFL Draft?

Television: https://youtu.be/pgBWXIVg5Lg

Speaker with three sound waves: http://skornorth.com

Red apple: http://apple.co/2Zsdo6C

Headphone : http://spoti.fi/36p2iAv

Post #: 1499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2021 9:54:17 AM   
David F.

Alright I think it's time for our assessments of the team and what the expectations of success should be for the 2021 season.

On offense we have a good QB, two all-world WRs with nothing backing them, adequate TEs, and one of the best RBs in the league with ample talent backing him up. We have an excellent RT, a poor center, and three promising yet unproven guys at LT, LG, and RG. Our O-line depth looks good.

On defense we seem to be loaded. Hunter is all-world and so is Kendricks and Harrison Smith. Pierce and Tomlinson are unknowns but come highly regarded. The other DE is a mystery but we have quite a few options. Barr is OK, and we have a rookie coming in. The other safety might also be a rookie. Our CBs should be excellent with Dantzler, Patrick Peterson, Mike Hughes, Mackenzie Alexander and there is depth as well. Who knows about Gladney.

Special teams could again be our downfall. We literally know nothing about any of it. I guess for that matter maybe they'll be excellent.

In my opinion the goal of the season should be to win the NFC North and make at least the NFC Championship game. To avoid firings I'd say we need a minimum of one playoff win.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode