Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/17/2018 11:19:27 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

How’d she finish DL.

That’s a huge event, and accomplishment. Congrats!

She came in 5th. 451K.

Its the toughest field in the game every year. All big-time players, no fish.

She had the biggest cash by a female player in the event’s history.

She's a total badass.
Post #: 2201
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 7:23:06 AM   
Lynn G.

Wow - that's incredible! I hope you two take some kind of around-the-world trip or something with those winnings. Early retirement while she keeps playing?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2202
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 8:08:49 AM   
SoMnFan

Amazing, DL, amazing.
Congrats to you guys.
More incredible meals in the future, I get the feeling ....
Post #: 2203
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 8:30:23 AM   
Todd M

Blows my mind.

If the world is going to shine on some people's butt's it might as well be for good people. Enjoy.
Post #: 2204
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 10:58:58 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Wow - that's incredible! I hope you two take some kind of around-the-world trip or something with those winnings. Early retirement while she keeps playing?

A trip will definitely be planned.

But we never go too crazy when she wins big. Poker is a fickle game - even for the best players. This one was a 10K buy-in and she fired 2 bullets. Most likely outcome was losing 20K. So its always nice to have the security of a bigger bankroll. Let's her play more tourneys - including traveling costs to out of state/out of country ones.

Plus she's still predominantly a high-stakes cash game player, so there is even more volatility there.

To me the coolest thing is she's now all the way up to 28th in the world on the Women's All Time Money List.
Post #: 2205
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 11:01:59 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Amazing, DL, amazing.
Congrats to you guys.
More incredible meals in the future, I get the feeling ....

Oh, we don't pay for a good 90% of those...Either Lisa gets them comped herself, or one of her super baller friends does (or just pays for them and won't let anyone else contribute).

Its a crazy world for a kid from Minnesota and a girl that grew up pretty poor on Maui.
Post #: 2206
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 11:03:05 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Blows my mind.

If the world is going to shine on some people's butt's it might as well be for good people. Enjoy.

Thanks!

Its been 7 or 8 years and it still blows my mind...
Post #: 2207
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 3:35:09 PM   
joejitsu

Hey, David, your wife's name is Lisa Hamilton, right? I was watching some poker on television (slow night for hockey), and I saw her name at the bottom of the screen! Man, that is so cool! Must be a lot of fun being involved in all of the trappings involved with the life. Congrats, my man! I will be rooting for a pro poker player now.
Post #: 2208
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 3:56:23 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Hey, David, your wife's name is Lisa Hamilton, right? I was watching some poker on television (slow night for hockey), and I saw her name at the bottom of the screen! Man, that is so cool! Must be a lot of fun being involved in all of the trappings involved with the life. Congrats, my man! I will be rooting for a pro poker player now.

That's her!

I'm not surprised you saw her name, the WPT was super excited to have her as its really rare for a woman to even make this final table.

Post #: 2209
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/18/2018 7:59:02 PM   
Ricky J

Pretty cool stuff!
Post #: 2210
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/2/2019 1:04:14 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I am gonna throw a big word out there that has become my resolution for 2019:

Equanimity.

I need this and the only way to get it is self examination and evaluation of myself and where I want to be as a person.

It is a daunting task.

I can not make college educated and certified professionals in mental health see, that what they have done to my family, my daughter, and what damage they have done to what little remains of my life, is the root cause of my inability to obtain equanimity.

I am at a loss..

I have six weeks, no health insurance, no job and although I have prospective jobs and the ability to do actual work, the clock is ticking down to the TPR hearing on feb14th, 2019, and I am quite frankly, scared shitless, that my daughter is going to be given away like a lottery prize.

Did I mention I hate Nebraska?

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/2/2019 1:05:19 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2211
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/2/2019 7:28:06 PM   
Todd M

2019's theme seems to be F me in the A without any warm up or lube.
Post #: 2212
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/3/2019 12:04:10 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

It is what it is, Todd.

My juvenile court Judge is The lowest rated in the entire state and has the HIGHEST rate of overturned decisions in appeals court, which is more than likely where this will end up..

I am looking at another 6-9 months of legal fees and maneuvering to get my child out of the state ward bullchit situation.

It is frustrating and immensely stressful.

Anyone who doesn’t understand or know my full circumstances just needs to STFU.

Do not judge me or My family.

That is not your prerogative on this earth and never will be.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2213
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/14/2019 1:11:40 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yay.. it’s hell on earth day and I am not talking about valentines...

Day one of TPR hearings..

As you can tell by time stamp, sleep is not gonna be easy.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2214
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/14/2019 6:14:02 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Yay.. it’s hell on earth day and I am not talking about valentines...

Day one of TPR hearings..

As you can tell by time stamp, sleep is not gonna be easy.

Good Luck Dan

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2215
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/14/2019 10:38:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Second worst day of my life..

Got arrested in court for telling a judge that I was tired of arguing with her over her bias and hatred for me and for accepting as gospel every outright lie told by Rylee’s therapist....

Was forcibly removed from court and charged with “assault and battery” for taking off my wedding ring and tossing it in my wife’s lap.

My 20,000 dollar lawyer quit.

Requested and was granted a removal as council because he had Irreconcilable differences “ with his own client.

Fk the legal system and anything that is involved with it.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2216
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/15/2019 2:07:42 AM   
Todd M

Dan, please stop hurting yourself. I don't know if it's too late or not but you have to bite this and play the game. The system has been a bitch to you and your family no doubt and you have every reason to be angry and bitter my friend but please take a step off that ledge and throw yourself at the feet of whoever will help and/or whoever has power over you in this case.

I'm not saying I am a smart man and have the answers...just going with my gut here.
Post #: 2217
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/15/2019 3:25:46 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Fk it todd.. I’ve lost the only thing that ever mattered to me in my old age.. my daughter and my wife...

Idgaf anymore..

I lay in bed for hours wishing I could force my heart to stop beating or my hippocampus to suddenly explode and put en end to this misery..

I welcome e death. I wish for it.

I do not actively seek it, but if I get overtaken by it, I’ll welcome it.

There is no god only death I had to sit in a courtroom for 5 hours and listen to people tell a judge that my daughter is scared to death of me, she wants to hide from me, other shit I KNOW was not rue in any way shape or form in October of 2016, but now that these people have been twisting and warping every nuance of every word my daughter utters to fit the narrative that they desire.. I’ll never see her again..

What do I have to live for?

Nothing.

My father passed Ed away while I was in prison on false charges that were dismissed eventually, and my mother has descended into dementia, alcoholism and Alzheimer’s induced depression and delusions and memory loss and she doesn’t even remember my, let alone her granddaughters name.

What the f is left..

Nothing.

I do not care anymore.
Period.

It’s 3:30 in the morning and I don’t give a fk.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 2/15/2019 3:29:24 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2218
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/15/2019 4:50:46 AM   
Todd M

That's tragic.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 2/15/2019 5:02:30 AM >
Post #: 2219
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/18/2019 11:52:16 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I can not catch a break... my temp to hire job with 3M company,in valley Nebraska is flooded.. have not worked since 8 am. Friday morning, all roads to valley, are either washed out , closed due to water or debris or are restricted to one single lane for all traffic, meaning every five minutes, a. Flag man let’s either east bound or west bound traffic use the one lane..

FML, FIA, WTF did I do to be this fn miserable?

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2220
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/19/2019 6:32:32 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Ok, now I have one more bitch fest.

Today @ 12:30 pm, I am going to be in Lincoln, ne at the state pen for a parole hearing for The asshat who stole my truck and ran me over with it.

In the state of Nebraska, because of prison overcrowding caused by excessive criminal sentencing mandates by federal law for possession of marijuana, convictions are “ automatically “ given a 50% reduction in time to be served, to expidite the reduction of prisoners and the release of felons.

The guy who is a three time violent convicted criminal felon, has evidently served the minimum amount time of the 10-20 felony theft and the consecutive 20-30 sentence for habitual criminal and after 13 years, is now eligible for parole.

This guy had two prior felony assault conviction, before he and I crossed paths in 2006...

WTF is wrong with this state that a 3 time violent felon, gets the opportunity to be set free, given his history of violence?

I have to go to this hearing and give a victim impact statement.

Believe me, this is not something I was ever expecting to do before this asshat had spent at least 30 years, and by then I wouldn’t gaf..

Now.. I give a huge ****...

This guy is heartless, violent and unrepentant and has proven, repeatedly, to resort to violence to get what he won’t work for to earn legally.

I’m gonna see if I can make his ilk the kind of shithead that stays in jail.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 3/19/2019 6:36:50 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2221
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/25/2019 4:28:56 AM   
Todd M

I recommend this cereal only to those that are interested in eating the best cereal invented in the history of mankind.

It has NO sog factor. Post knows their shit. Unlike General Mills and their 'lets wreck kids cereal by making them with shit-o-tastic sog factor 5000 whole grains'.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 3/25/2019 4:30:03 AM >
Post #: 2222
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/21/2019 8:28:53 AM   
Todd M

Been struggling with tinnitus for months. It's been really bothersome and affecting my quality of sleep drastically. Got hearing tests...quotes for hearing aids but that's like a grand and while I do have hearing loss I only want remedy for the tinnitus. Hearing aids would help both but then I'm a guy wearing hearing aids. Too soon. Been searching sound therapies - devices can get up there in price and imo offer nothing much more than what you can get on youtube free. Everything I've tested, up until now, has been replacement noise. Yes, please replace the ringing in my ears with intrusive sound, that's what I want.

But I found this.

https://tinnitusnotch.com/

Now I'm new to trying it and can only say that it seems to immediately negate most of the noise in my head, and the sound is a simple (to me) white noise and not a customized or random series of beeps and whatnot...but I am hoping to see is a reduction in the ringing over time using this as as a therapy not just a bandaid. I'm super excited to have found a bandaid let me tell you.

If you want to try it it is super easy. You just slide the bar until you can't hear the pitch anymore and then you can play a customized white noise therapy. Noch therapy...check it out if you have tinnitus. There's not a lot out there to remedy this but this sure seems promising.
Post #: 2223
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/21/2019 8:34:16 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Been struggling with tinnitus for months. It's been really bothersome and affecting my quality of sleep drastically. Got hearing tests...quotes for hearing aids but that's like a grand and while I do have hearing loss I only want remedy for the tinnitus. Hearing aids would help both but then I'm a guy wearing hearing aids. Too soon. Been searching sound therapies - devices can get up there in price and imo offer nothing much more than what you can get on youtube free. Everything I've tested, up until now, has been replacement noise. Yes, please replace the ringing in my ears with intrusive sound, that's what I want.

But I found this.

Now I'm new to trying it and can only say that it seems to immediately negate most of the noise in my head, and the sound is a simple (to me) white noise and not a customized or random series of beeps and whatnot...but I am hoping to see is a reduction in the ringing over time using this as as a therapy not just a bandaid. I'm super excited to have found a bandaid let me tell you.

If you want to try it it is super easy. You just slide the bar until you can't hear the pitch anymore and then you can play a customized white noise therapy. Noch therapy...check it out if you have tinnitus. There's not a lot out there to remedy this but this sure seems promising.

I have tinnitus, but I usually only hear it when I think about it. Thanks for making me think about it Todd. J/K it's ok. Thanks for sharing the info.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2224
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/21/2019 11:47:37 AM   
thebigo

quote:

But I found this.

I only notice it when I am actively thinking about it. Thanks!
Post #: 2225
Page:   <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode