Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:25:23 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

I think TCU is a tough match for Ole Miss because I don't know if Ole Miss has the juice to score many points even against a Big 12 defense, and TCU will score some.

Yep. Color me impressed. Granted Ole Miss isn't nearly the team they were with all the injuries, but still impressive. They didn't come prepared for the triple option at all today and "bad" Bo Wallace showed up again as well.

I do wonder if Miss St is watching this game and if so, if it will help them defend against the triple option tonight against GT.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 2301
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:37:25 PM   
Dave Odle

Ole Miss can't get any bounces to go their way. An Ole Miss player picks the ball off at the 1 just now after a long pass and he drops it right into the arms of a TCU player for a TD. Damn, now that is demoralizing!

TCU rolling like a boss

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 2302
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:42:37 PM   
stfrank

It is a little more than bad bounces when you average 1.6 yards per play.....
Post #: 2303
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:52:07 PM   
djskillz

I think it's both. You play this game 100 times and this result probably happens once. Craziness.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 2304
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:52:58 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

I think TCU is a tough match for Ole Miss because I don't know if Ole Miss has the juice to score many points even against a Big 12 defense, and TCU will score some.

Yep. Color me impressed. Granted Ole Miss isn't nearly the team they were with all the injuries, but still impressive. They didn't come prepared for the triple option at all today and "bad" Bo Wallace showed up again as well.

I do wonder if Miss St is watching this game and if so, if it will help them defend against the triple option tonight against GT.

Miss St will be in a closer game ... but GT will be ready to play.
Same for Oregon. FSU will be tougher than the spread.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 2305
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:53:45 PM   
quote:

I think it's both. You play this game 100 times and this result probably happens once. Craziness.

TCU is a better team than Ole Miss.
There is no question about that.
Maybe not 42-0 better.
But definitely better.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 2306
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:57:15 PM   
Dave Odle

It's an SEC team. I don't give a rat's ass.

I'm all about the underdog most of the time, unless it's my alma mater. Speaking of which, I'm ready to see if my Broncos can handle Arizona next game. I'm elated that we made it to a major bowl game, but wasn't expecting it. We stumbled against Ole Miss and Air Force early in the season and then ripped off an eight game winning streak. This will be a good test to determine if we are legit or not. Jay Ajayi is a stud RB and I'd be happy if we got him in the draft. He really is all that.

Boise has had some good RB's over the years. First, Doug Martin and now Ajayi.

Post #: 2307
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 1:57:21 PM   
djskillz

It appears so. I'm not sure that's the case with Ole Miss at full strength, but certainly now. Impressive showing.

Post #: 2308
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:02:45 PM   
quote:

It appears so. I'm not sure that's the case with Ole Miss at full strength, but certainly now. Impressive showing.

Trust me. It's the case.
They are also being outcoached tremendously.
Ole Miss was seriously over-rated this year, as was the entire SEC.

Post #: 2309
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:05:41 PM   
If Ole Miss was a horse, they'd shoot it.

Post #: 2310
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:06:17 PM   
djskillz

Disagree. Ole Miss' defense really WAS elite. Not so much any more with the guys they're missing. And the offense is just brutal today.

Post #: 2311
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:07:40 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Ole Miss is running in to the same buzz saw my boys did. Thier speed is hard to judge on film, I guess.
Post #: 2312
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:12:19 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

If Ole Miss was a horse, they'd shoot it.

2 quarters ago.

Post #: 2313
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:14:09 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Ole Miss is running in to the same buzz saw my boys did. Thier speed is hard to judge on film, I guess.

Green is fast as hell. Could be an NFL scat back.

Post #: 2314
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:14:59 PM   
Dave Odle

Yep, Treadwell would help the Rebels, but wouldn't be enough against this TCU squad.

Post #: 2315
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:15:30 PM   
quote:

Disagree. Ole Miss' defense really WAS elite. Not so much any more with the guys they're missing. And the offense is just brutal today.

I know you love you some SEC but you're not elite unless you have the personnel to be the next man up.

BTW ... I don't know why ESPN Deportes doesn't show the Caribbean League games in the winter ...

Post #: 2316
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:16:17 PM   
djskillz

Good point, Art. It's not like they have tons of other programming to run.

Post #: 2317
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 2:58:40 PM   
McMurfy

Ole Miss joins LSU as the latest SEC fraud to expose themselves.
Funny things happen when you don't play SEC and Southeasten Arkansas State.

Miss State will be next.

As I said all along, Alabama good, rest of SEC not really all that.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 2318
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 3:01:10 PM   
Dave Odle

Keep an eye on Ajayi during this game. He can do it all. Hopefully he shows up on his biggest stage yet before going pro. I trust that he will.

Post #: 2319
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 3:19:52 PM   
Dave Odle

All right, if we go down, it better not be at the hands of a LB named Scooby.

Post #: 2320
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 3:29:55 PM   
Dave Odle

Jay "The Runaway Train" Ajayi!

Post #: 2321
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 3:44:34 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Ole Miss joins LSU as the latest SEC fraud to expose themselves.
Funny things happen when you don't play SEC and Southeasten Arkansas State.

Miss State will be next.

As I said all along, Alabama good, rest of SEC not really all that.

Really? LSU didn't play well and still "really" beat Notre Dame. That review call was as bad as I've seen.

Still easily the most dominant conference. Miss St will win tonight.

Post #: 2322
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 4:42:43 PM   
McMurfy

By what measure?
You said Ole Miss and LSU would win the Big 12 and Pac-12, both lost their Bowl Games.
Now you say LSU "really" won.
No they didn't.
They lost.
You also say you don't value or put stock in Bowl Games?

The only games you seem to put stock in is SEC Conference Games.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 2323
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 5:35:10 PM   
djskillz

I've never been a big fan of bowl games as a true indicator.

1) Matchups can really vary from game to game.
2) 4-6 weeks off. No one's playing their best.
3) Menatality of players vary wildly based on expectations. Ie letdown game, "up" for a game, etc.
4) Pending coaches changes. For example, now it comes out today that Chavis is leaving for Texas A&M. Think he was focused on the game yesterday? That was the worst I've seen LSU's defense in quite some time.

Ole Miss was expected to lose (the one SEC team not favored in their bowl game) and they did lose to a very, very good team. One of the best.
LSU "barely" lost that game, and they got completely, utterly screwed out of a touchdown.

While we're playing the comparison game, put it this way: Boise State and Notre Dame are very much comparable teams. Probably about equal. LSU, the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC, barely lost or "really" won, depending on your view. Arizona, clearly the 2nd best team in the Pac12, is currently down 2 touchdowns in their matchup. And ASU, the 3rd best team in the Pac12, barely beat the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC.

Post #: 2324
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/31/2014 5:52:59 PM   
quote:

I've never been a big fan of bowl games as a true indicator.

1) Matchups can really vary from game to game.
2) 4-6 weeks off. No one's playing their best.
3) Menatality of players vary wildly based on expectations. Ie letdown game, "up" for a game, etc.
4) Pending coaches changes. For example, now it comes out today that Chavis is leaving for Texas A&M. Think he was focused on the game yesterday? That was the worst I've seen LSU's defense in quite some time.

Ole Miss was expected to lose (the one SEC team not favored in their bowl game) and they did lose to a very, very good team. One of the best.
LSU "barely" lost that game, and they got completely, utterly screwed out of a touchdown.

While we're playing the comparison game, put it this way: Boise State and Notre Dame are very much comparable teams. Probably about equal. LSU, the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC, barely lost or "really" won, depending on your view. Arizona, clearly the 2nd best team in the Pac12, is currently down 2 touchdowns in their matchup. And ASU, the 3rd best team in the Pac12, barely beat the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC.

1 is irrelevant. You play who is on your schedule, right? For most teams it's tougher than their non-conf. sched.
2 applies to both teams. It also gives injured guys time to heal and coaches time to prepare equally.
3 is legit but it also applies in the regular season. It's not unique to bowls.
4 is a poor excuse for a team to use. How many teams does it affect anyway? And any professional coach that's getting paid is working hard.

In many ways bowls do tell more about a team. How they prepare. How they adapt. How they face a challenge.
Still would rather have a 16 team playoff that starts immediately after Thanksgiving and ditch 'em altogether.
But you still can't discount any game a team plays in.

Post #: 2325
Page:   <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  91 92 [93] 94 95   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode