Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  191 192 [193] 194 195   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:36:46 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Getting Oli Udoh on the field SOMEWHERE say at left guard could go a long way to fixing our OL.

We don't know this.

It could. but it also could not. We don't see the practices etc and there may be a reason he isn't getting a chance like he sucks more than Samia.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4801
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:39:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Irv Smith Jr has 182 yards over his nine games. His 45 yards in penalties (a separate holding call was declined) are equal to 25% of his yards. Net of 137 yards or 15.2 yards per game this year. 2 TDs on the year, matching his 2 TDs from 2019. Catch rate is down over 11% from his rookie year.

When 6' 1" Bryon Chamberlain was 30, he had 666 yards here in 2002.
Post #: 4802
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:42:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Getting Oli Udoh on the field SOMEWHERE say at left guard could go a long way to fixing our OL.

We don't know this.

It could. but it also could not. We don't see the practices etc and there may be a reason he isn't getting a chance like he sucks more than Samia.

Like Cleveland sucks more. Like Jones sucks more.
Post #: 4803
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:44:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Dozier, firmly entrenched at LG, has to be laughing his ass off at those three scrubs over at the tumultuous right guard spot.
Post #: 4804
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:44:57 PM   
Arlowe84

With the rise of Kyle Trask at Florida, it certainly now looks like there will be a big 5 at QB.
Almost every mock I've seen has some combination of Lawrence/Fields 1-2

That's going to leave Lance, Wilson and Trask

we currently pick I think around 14, looking at the current order, I think it's almost assured 1 will be there, with likely 2
I still think we have the chance to move up a few spots too.

It's going to be a major decision. Cousins will be in his mid 30's soon
You may have a chance to get a franchise type QB with 4 years at rookie salary.

I think QB is something the front office has to strongly consider. It could be years before we have the same opportunity.
Post #: 4805
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:47:15 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

No one is blaming Cousins. Dude has been a starter for like 8 seasons and has led a team to zero division titles
30 mil you get paid to win. Not make pretty throws
It was just a bad signing but worse extension Not worth the money

The extension was necessary for salary cap reasons.

I wish there was some way out of it...

How much did it exactly save them in cap space this year? I am curious what type of player would have needed cut / signed / or traded to avoid it.
Post #: 4806
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:47:24 PM   
Arlowe84

Current rankings/scouting on the 2021 QBs

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021QB.php
Post #: 4807
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:49:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

No one is blaming Cousins. Dude has been a starter for like 8 seasons and has led a team to zero division titles
30 mil you get paid to win. Not make pretty throws
It was just a bad signing but worse extension Not worth the money

The extension was necessary for salary cap reasons.

I wish there was some way out of it...

How much did it exactly save them in cap space this year? I am curious what type of player would have needed cut / signed / or traded to avoid it.

It saved us enough to sign Yanny!
Post #: 4808
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 12:52:13 PM   
Arlowe84

Or if you wanted to take a chance on 2/3rd round type guy at QBOTF
Newman is interesting with his size/athleticism
Sitting out this year due to Covid 26TDs to 11 INT last year at Wake

Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia
Height: 6-4. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.
View Ranking History
11/17/20: Newman decided to skip the 2020 season and is preparing for the 2021 NFL Draft. His decision to opt out could really hurt his chances of being a first-round pick.

8/29/20: After the 2019 season, Newman decided to transfer to Georgia from Wake Forest rather than enter the 2020 NFL Draft. Newman created a buzz in the scouting community in the fall of 2019 as a legit pro prospect for the next level. Newman is a dual-threat quarterback with running and passing talent to challenge defenses. He has quality size with a live arm and athleticism. Newman has shown a lot of upside to develop for the pro ranks and going to Georgia could help that.

Newman has to get better at working through his progressions, seeing the field, and his footwork. Some team sources think Newman would have been a second-day pick if he entered the 2020 NFL Draft, but they thought he was wise to go back for his senior year instead.

Newman completed 61 percent of his passes in 2019 for 2,868 yards with 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also has six rushing touchdowns with 464 yards on the grou
Post #: 4809
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:01:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings now have the 2nd highest graded offense in the #NFL according to @PFF

Warren Ludford on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4810
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:07:54 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

As a member of the Vikings, Randall Cunningham had only one game with 300+ Yards, 3+ TDs, and 0 INTs.

Dustin Baker

(Numbers that Cousins achieved yesterday)

I don't want a QB that knows how to achieve the perfect rating. I want one that is willing to risk a pick in the proper situation where if he can get the ball in that tight window it's a game-changing TD. If a QB will only throw to 'sure-things' that will eventually make an offense very much not dangerous. Give me a win yesterday with 3 TD passes and 2 INTs and screw the rating.

I'm also not sure 300 yard games are such a great benchmark.

Cunningham only had 4 of them in 1998.
Post #: 4811
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:09:02 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

As a member of the Vikings, Randall Cunningham had only one game with 300+ Yards, 3+ TDs, and 0 INTs.

Dustin Baker

I don't want a QB that knows how to achieve the perfect rating. I want one that is willing to risk a pick in the proper situation where if he can get the ball in that tight window it's a game-changing TD. If a QB will only throw to 'sure-things' that will eventually make an offense very much not dangerous. Give me a win yesterday with 3 TD passes and 2 INTs and screw the rating.

I would have lost a shit-ton of money on that one ....

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4812
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:10:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

2nd highest non-clutch grade.

Middling strength of schedule. We've lost to better teams (except one), and beat crappy teams (except two).
Post #: 4813
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:13:03 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

#Vikings now have the 2nd highest graded offense in the #NFL according to @PFF

Warren Ludford on Twitter

As previously mentioned we have some top of the line talent in the offensive skill positions.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 4814
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:13:58 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Dustin Baker

I would have lost a shit-ton of money on that one ....

Me too:

Total Yards Per Game: 391.5 (2nd)

Passing Yards Per Game: 270.5 (1st)

Rushing Yards Per Game: 121.0 (11th)

Points Per Game: 34.8 (1st)
Post #: 4815
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:26:34 PM   
Arlowe84

One thing about our offensive talent is it is consolidated to a few pieces for sure. Very top heavy.
They make everyone a bit better

We could still use quality 3/4 WRs
I wanted Robby Anderson badly in the FA thread.
He would have been a much better spend of money than Anthony Harris

Johnson/Bebe may be the wost 3/4 combo in the league.

Anderson/JJ/Thielen would be nightmares for defenses, and would probably even had made this offense much more explosive and dynmaic
Post #: 4816
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:27:21 PM   
Arlowe84

quote:

One thing about our offensive talent is it is consolidated to a few pieces for sure. Very top heavy.
They make everyone a bit better

We could still use quality 3/4 WRs
I wanted Robby Anderson badly in the FA thread.
He would have been a much better spend of money than Anthony Harris

Johnson/Bebe may be the wost 3/4 combo in the league.

Anderson/JJ/Thielen would be nightmares for defenses, and would probably even had made this offense much more explosive and dynamic
Post #: 4817
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:36:04 PM   
Arlowe84

Cousins career QB with game on the line of 73 would be around 20-25 of any given season

Even after one of Kirk Cousins’ best games of the season on Sunday, questions resurfaced about the QB in clutch moments. His passer rating in the final four minutes of games where his team trails by a TD or less is just 73.1:
Post #: 4818
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:49:05 PM   
Arlowe84

On another note, they would be wise to start easing up on Cook's carries
Dude has had like 30+ carries multiple games.
They signed him to a big contract, and really need him for several years to come.
He's been getting creamed lately. he has an injury history, and he will not survive this.

Start working in Mattison 10+ touches, and start throwing more.
Post #: 4819
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:56:44 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

We don't know this.

When we are officially out of it you need to see what you have.

Dozier is a stop gap.

I go Reiff/Cleveland/Bradbury/Udoh/O'Neill
Post #: 4820
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 1:57:38 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

They signed him to a big contract, and really need him for several years to come.
He's been getting creamed lately. he has an injury history, and he will not survive this.

Its bad when casual observers (like my wife) spend most of the game saying "they're gonna kill that poor young man" (Cook)
Dude is a beast. he takes more punishment than the rest of the roster combined, imo.
Some is self-inflicted, yeah, but I respect that man. He gives all. And he's had plenty of opps this year to just lay down and take the rest of the game off.
Or grab the hammy. (which people used to accuse him of)
But he hasn't. He's been carrying our asses for long periods of time, especially in the toughness department.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4821
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 2:02:51 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

Its bad when casual observers (like my wife) spend most of the game saying "they're gonna kill that poor young man" (Cook)
Dude is a beast. he takes more punishment than the rest of the roster combined, imo.
Some is self-inflicted, yeah, but I respect that man. He gives all. And he's had plenty of opps this year to just lay down and take the rest of the game off.
But he hasn't. He's been carrying our asses for long periods of time, especially in the toughness department.

Cook will be past his prime soon IMO. Before an elite QB and adequate defense is assembled.

It's like Adrian Peterson, so much fun to watch but borderline pointless if a Super Bowl is what you want.
Post #: 4822
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 2:06:10 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

Cook will be past his prime soon IMO. Before an elite QB and adequate defense is assembled.

It's like Adrian Peterson, so much fun to watch but borderline pointless if a Super Bowl is what you want.

Cannot disagree
All these good efforts in the running game, has it ever moved us closer to the ultimate goal?
Nope.
We need to focus more on "dynamic and innovative" and less on "tradition and balance" imo.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4823
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 2:13:57 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

We don't know this.

When we are officially out of it you need to see what you have.

Dozier is a stop gap.

I go Reiff/Cleveland/Bradbury/Udoh/O'Neill

We are not officially out of it.

But I agree, once you are...it's time to start playing the kids and backups to see if they have the capability to step up.

Jones played well. When Cleveland is back put them both in and see if that line is better. Udoh should get a shot a some point I agree, but there is a reason he hasn't we just don't know why that is.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4824
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2020 2:14:52 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

I have no problem with him stepping out of bounds(Franco Harris style) with the amount of hits he takes(and gives) in between the tackles.
Post #: 4825
Page:   <<   < prev  191 192 [193] 194 195   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  191 192 [193] 194 195   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode