Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 12:39:31 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I can apply the same concept to our D. If we're pretty sure we know what they're going to run out of a specific formation and personnel group in a specific situation - every once in a blue moon can we tell the defender to just sell out and jump the route? Yes we'll get burned sometimes but sometimes we'll get a pick-six. This year in particular this makes more sense than ever. Our offense is strong and can make up for getting burned once in a while. What do we have to lose? We're giving up a shit-ton of points anyway. Could just as well make some calculated gambles when the opportunity presents itself. There have been some pretty mediocre defenses over the years that have gone to Super Bowls because they were fortunate with turnovers.

Someone finally agrees with my theory!
Same thoughts here
We ALWAYS play like we are protecting something, and it never pays off, we STILL get beat
That's as simply put, as it gets.
Hire some leaders who get that, and let's see what happens.
Sure, they are protecting their jobs. Guess what? That's soon ending too. So, wth ..... stop playing like you are protecting some legacy or some title or something.
You aren't, We haven't won shit. Get some people in here willing to push envelopes open.

My kids are at the age where kids laugh at them at school for being Vikings Fans.
The Legacy we’re protecting died 43 years ago.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 4876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 1:07:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

I can apply the same concept to our D. If we're pretty sure we know what they're going to run out of a specific formation and personnel group in a specific situation - every once in a blue moon can we tell the defender to just sell out and jump the route? Yes we'll get burned sometimes but sometimes we'll get a pick-six. This year in particular this makes more sense than ever. Our offense is strong and can make up for getting burned once in a while. What do we have to lose? We're giving up a shit-ton of points anyway. Could just as well make some calculated gambles when the opportunity presents itself. There have been some pretty mediocre defenses over the years that have gone to Super Bowls because they were fortunate with turnovers.

Someone finally agrees with my theory!
Same thoughts here
We ALWAYS play like we are protecting something, and it never pays off, we STILL get beat
That's as simply put, as it gets.
Hire some leaders who get that, and let's see what happens.
Sure, they are protecting their jobs. Guess what? That's soon ending too. So, wth ..... stop playing like you are protecting some legacy or some title or something.
You aren't, We haven't won shit. Get some people in here willing to push envelopes open.

Protecting something?

They are on the border of playing scared. Scared to take risks unless absolutely necessary.

Scared to jump the route for fear of getting burned deep.

Scared to pass for fear of the interception.

Scared to fake something once in while, like a punt (the "fake" on sunday was not a planned play, just an opportunity given by the defense leaving a guy completely uncoverd and undefended....if not for that gunner realized he has to reset it would have worked). they never would have actually called that fake, they are too afraid of it failing.

And it isn't really playing scared (though I think Cousins does to a point). It's more coaching scared.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 2:21:47 PM  2 votes
Bruce Johnson

Vikings offense this year:

#1 explosive offense in the NFL
#1 air yards passing
#1 avg yards per pass
#2 ranked offense
#6 ranked QB

Vikings fans: "our qb sucks" "game manager" "cut him" "offense doesn't do enough"

Read those #'s again. How is anyone blaming the offense? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Deep to Moss on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 2:31:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

#1 air yards passing
#1 avg yards per pass
#2 ranked offense
#6 ranked QB

Vikings fans: "our qb sucks" "game manager" "cut him" "offense doesn't do enough"

Deep to Moss on Twitter

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
Post #: 4879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 2:53:52 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

#1 air yards passing
#1 avg yards per pass
#2 ranked offense
#6 ranked QB

Deep to Moss on Twitter

#1 in meaningless offense against a prevent defense because St. Kirk folds like a piece of salami when the pocket collapses and we've been trailing by 17 points most of the game.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 4880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 4:09:57 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Scared to fake something once in while, like a punt (the "fake" on sunday was not a planned play, just an opportunity given by the defense leaving a guy completely uncoverd and undefended....if not for that gunner realized he has to reset it would have worked). they never would have actually called that fake, they are too afraid of it failing.

No way the punt team just up and tries a fake punt without the in advance go ahead from coaching.
Post #: 4881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 4:13:15 PM   
Jeff Allen

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

#1 air yards passing
#1 avg yards per pass
#2 ranked offense
#6 ranked QB

Deep to Moss on Twitter

#1 in meaningless offense against a prevent defense because St. Kirk folds like a piece of salami when the pocket collapses and we've been trailing by 17 points most of the game.

Yep...garbage offense great in garbage time. When the game is on the line you can just see how uncomfortable our QB is. He is a loser...always has been, always will be. This is why he struggles in Prime Time games. He chokes, pure and simple. The numbers are misleading (duh).
Post #: 4882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 4:13:24 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

No way the punt team just up and tries a fake punt without the in advance go ahead from coaching.

ON THE PLAY the lone defender on the play abandoned the gunner and left him wide open. Only a fool wouldn't throw to an undefended reciever. It wasn't a planned fake. Guarantee it. It was an opportunity lost because the gunner didn't reset like he's supposed to.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 4:40:13 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

ON THE PLAY the lone defender on the play abandoned the gunner and left him wide open. Only a fool wouldn't throw to an undefended reciever. It wasn't a planned fake. Guarantee it. It was an opportunity lost because the gunner didn't reset like he's supposed to.

It was not a planned fake. Clearly they have the go ahead from the coaching staff to go for it in that situation.
Post #: 4884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 4:42:55 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was not a planned fake. Clearly they have the go ahead from the coaching staff to go for it in that situation.

I would bet a fair chunk of change they noticed a tendency in the Dallas punt coverage and prepared for this scenario... "If the outside coverage guy drops in to rush you have the green light to fake punt..."
Post #: 4885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 5:53:25 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well I would hope so! I also assume they have the go ahead to switch to a QB sneak if the goal line defense forgets to line up over the ball and instead lines up by that in-stadium camera or the kicking team can switch to an onside kick if the receiving team forgets to take the field.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 6:01:38 PM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

#1 air yards passing
#1 avg yards per pass
#2 ranked offense
#6 ranked QB

Deep to Moss on Twitter

Yep...garbage offense great in garbage time. When the game is on the line you can just see how uncomfortable our QB is. He is a loser...always has been, always will be. This is why he struggles in Prime Time games. He chokes, pure and simple. The numbers are misleading (duh).

Dallas averaged 10 points per game in their previous 4 games. Yeah, they got Dalton back but 28 should have been enough to win the game.

Blame Cousins for ATL, INDY games but probably way down the list in the other games we lost.

Having said that, I'm still trying to find a way to get one of the Top 4 QBs in this next draft.
Post #: 4887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 7:26:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well I would hope so! I also assume they have the go ahead to switch to a QB sneak if the goal line defense forgets to line up over the ball and instead lines up by that in-stadium camera or the kicking team can switch to an onside kick if the receiving team forgets to take the field.

Completely different, but keep shoveling the shit.
Post #: 4888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 8:01:11 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not different at all. In high school our team had the go ahead to throw to the gunner if the other team forgot to cover him. The alert word was fire and it could be called by any player on the field. It’s as basic as it gets.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 9:35:11 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not different at all. In high school our team had the go ahead to throw to the gunner if the other team forgot to cover him. The alert word was fire and it could be called by any player on the field. It’s as basic as it gets.

Nine man ball?
Post #: 4890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2020 10:42:14 PM   
David F.

No we had eleven. I think we were class 2A

Post #: 4891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/25/2020 1:26:54 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I guess...

How many coaches, league wide, complain about players, directly or otherwise, for not doing their job?

Teams pay more money, to 20 something, college “ educated” people to do.. as.. they are told...

As opposed to what the entire Federal government pays some 20 something, gung ho, god and country, we demand you die on our demand, kid, who must do as they are told, exactly, or else..
It doesn’t change... until you get Brady or Favrey, or similar status...elway...

I Wish... I had the talent to strictly Punt or kick a football 50 yards, on demand, once to 7 times, on one day a week... and go practice that crap...

For MONEY!!

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 4892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/25/2020 12:34:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Long list of players not practicing today for the Vikings: safety Harrison Smith, tight end Irv Smith Jr., guard Ezra Cleveland, defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo, and guard Dru Samia, who was recently activated from the COVID reserve list.

Dane Mizutani on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/25/2020 1:24:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Some love for Cook here:

https://twitter.com/PurpleForTheWin/status/1331679503408623617?s=20

Post #: 4894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/25/2020 2:11:11 PM   
Bruce Johnson

On this Thanksgiving, I’d like to thank the Philadelphia Eagles for drafting Jalen Reagor.

BHawkes on Twitter

Post #: 4895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2020 10:44:55 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Especially when the Vikings are disappointing, I am grateful for all of you (on this Thanksgiving Day) that together we can keep the hope alive.

Post #: 4896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2020 3:34:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Eric Wilson your seeing this season is not sustainable here’s why.

4 sacks to only 8 pressures.

3 INT’s to 0 pass breakups

15 run stops but 13 missed tackles

The metrics that usually show signs of a constantly good player isn’t there.

DeShawn Vaughan on Twitter

Post #: 4897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2020 3:55:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Cowboys offensive line has already been decimated and early in today's game they have lost two more starters.

Post #: 4898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2020 10:02:56 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Especially when the Vikings are disappointing, I am grateful for all of you (on this Thanksgiving Day) that together we can keep the hope alive.

Back at you Bruce.

Losing to a spineless Cowboy team even looks worse after today.

The one guy I wanted us to draft was Antonio Gibson. He looked good today.

Also really liked Wash helmets. looked a bit like the Crimson Tide.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2020 10:13:29 PM   
Bill Jandro

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving.

We did just the four of us. Certainly sucks that we couldn't get together with the whole family. But we have to make concessions.

I was the chef and the meal turned out great. Might have been my best work. I went with the Jennie O frozen to the oven turkey. The reviews were outstanding and I'm a challenged cook. I'd give it five stars. It was amazing. Garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole rounded out the meal.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4900
Page:   <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode